Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Bubbling Bowtie & Cleaning my Locks

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2009, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubbling Bowtie & Cleaning my Locks

I'm about to get in the phase where I can do some exterior/visual mods to my 2006 LT Balt - I got pics of what I am talking about here, but I have an issue with my front bumper bowtie on my 06 balt, its bubbling under the emblem...

Name:  p_00096.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  35.6 KB

What can be done to fix this or do I just need to replace it, what about just de-baging it?

Then the 2nd one, I have key less, so I next to never use the locks but I notice the buildup, and when I wash the car it wont phase it none... any suggestions to clean the locks without dealing with risking causing harm to the mechanism or the paint?
This is what it looks like, the handles are the worst...

Name:  p_00098.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  39.2 KB

Sorry for the poor quality, they are cell phone pics.

Thanks for help in advance.
Old June 27th, 2009, 7:59 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Actually pretty good quality. You must either have a Samsung or a Blackberry
The emblem must be replaced. If you just take it off, there will be two holes behind it.

The best thing to use to clean the lock would be electrical contact cleaner and a rag. Spray it on the rag and wipe the lock. You can spray it into the lock carefully with the provided straw.
Let dry thoroughly then re-lubricate the lock with graphite.
Old June 28th, 2009, 3:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvansBlue
Actually pretty good quality. You must either have a Samsung or a Blackberry
The emblem must be replaced. If you just take it off, there will be two holes behind it.
I actually have a LG Rumor my MotoQ got awesome pics, I still use that as a PDA...

Ive also thought about just blacking out the front bowtie instead of replacing it... debating how to I need to black it out... Looking into DIY's on here as well as DodgeForum (where I lurk to learn about my Ram I'm gettin' soon-also a mod on that site) to see how I would go about that. If I blacked out the front, I would just remove the trunk one, leaving the "cobalt lt" intact.

I got bored while I was waiting for a reply so I looked under the hood at the bolts that keep the front on - easy enough to remove I would think. It also reminded me I need to spray down and clean under the hood...

I also got the bright idea to go 'exploratory surgery' on my door consoles, learned how to take those apart, I think I am going to sand the silver off and black those out as well. I got some black door protective edging today as well, so I am thinking that I may end up doing a black/orange thing on my balt.

*ponders the thought some more since she cant sleep*

--Rodeo--
Old June 28th, 2009, 4:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

I blacked out my Blazer emblem initially with some Krylon Fusion, but the bugs took a toll on it and I ended up sanding it down and putting a vinyl overlay on it.

I would recommend sanding it down a little and using some self etching primer to prime it. Then use caliper spray paint for your base coat and some "High Performance Wheel Coating" for your wheel coat. Thats what I used on my Blazer rims and grille. I havent noticed any bug or rock damage at all so I think its a hard enough clearcoat to withstand it.