Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Chevy Dealer Technician broke my menu button.

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2014, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Dealer Technician broke my menu button.

I took my 2007 Chevy Cobalt into a Chevy dealer to get my oil changed. All they had to do was change my oil. When I got into my car, my display that normally displays my mileage and temperature, was displaying my cars miles per gallon, which I could not get back to my mileage and temperature. I thought I would give it some time maybe it would go back, it has not went back to my temperature and mileage. I took it back to the same dealership and told them exactly what happened, one of the gentlemen that schedules the appointments and checks you in when you first bring your vehicle in came out and looked at it. He said my menu button on my steering wheel was broke and that there was nothing he could do, but he could give me a quote. I took my car in for an oil change, I did NOT ask them to touch anything in the car. The change engine oil display was not even showing. How do I get the dealership to fix their problem?
Old July 29th, 2014, 3:15 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

kimmarie90 Welcome to the forum...
Sorry to hear that your menu buttons aren't working anymore after the service visit...
Do any of the other steering wheel buttons work?
Did the service writer attempt to reset it?

You may want to contact Chevrolet Customer Service via this forum and open up a case with them here is there contact, click on it and go to sent private message..
Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 29th, 2014, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@in2pro Thank you for that information! The service writer got into my car and tried to change my display but he could not get it to change back, he then told me that my menu button was broken and that he could give me a quote to fix it! I am not going to pay them to fix it when they were the ones that broke it in the first place! We have owned that car for 7 years and that button has been fiddled with and messed with and it has never gotten stuck on certain information. They have it for one hour and now I cannot get it to go back. I am just so frustrated! My family has been loyal to GMC/Chevrolet all we buy is GM vehicles. They will not stand behind any vehicle they produce. (Sorry I'm ranting, I apologize!)