Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Cobalt Questions

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2008, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt Questions

Hi,
I'm brand new to this forum.
I have a few questions about a 2005 Cobalt LS Sedan I just bought at an auction.
The car didn't come with an owners manual!!!

Does Haynes or Chilton make a repair manual for this car yet?

Is there a fuse box inside the car or just under the hood?
If so where is it located?

Also I'm missing a panel or door of some sort just under the trunk release button on the bottom section of the dash near your left knee. What is supposed to be there? (see pics)

There is also athree wire plug just hanging in that opening, any Ideas what that might be for?

And lastly, is there a way to turn off the traction control on this car, my old 2000 Impala had an over-ride switch, this car doesn't appear to. Could that be what thethree wire plug mentioned above is for? If not is there any other way to turn the traction control off (like shifting to low gear or something), I can't make it up my driveway when there's an inch or more of snow!!! The Impala never had a problem with the traction control turned off!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16239/FDC7C191769742F9BA799EB1138C156D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16239/BFD148F2832B41D8BE56533B0C13DA9D.jpg[/IMG]
Old March 3rd, 2008, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Cobalt Questions

i have a 07 2 door there is a flip open storage compartment were the wire is hangin out my trunk relase botton is mounted inside compartment my fusebox is on left side of console the panel pulls off
Old March 3rd, 2008, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

i ordered a chilton manual online
http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/sit...FQEelgodvUonwg

no idea about traction control
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the replies!
Old March 5th, 2008, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

Haynes/Chilton does not have a manual for the Cobalt. Just check at Autozone. If you need the owners manual, join www.mygmlink.com. You can then download a .pdf version for the site.
The opening is a storage compartment. Located in the storage compartment is the remote trunk release switch. Could this be the wires to the switch? Is the switch there?
There is a fuse panel behind the passenger side of the front center console. It pulls off. This is similar to the Saturms. Can't help with anything else. I think if you get the owners manual, you'll have most of your questions answered.
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info teddyu!
I wasn't aware of that site, and being that I've owned over 20 chevys over the years I feel a bit ashamed that I didn't know about www.mygmlink.com
I think it's a great site!
I can't believe you can download the onwers manual there, wish I knew that before I bought one on Ebay, oh well.

Also regarding the repair manuals, I couldn't find the book but I did buy a Chilton DVD-ROM from Pep Boys that allows you to "unlock" the repair manual of your choice!
It seem to be ok for now but I'll probably still buy the book version when it finally hits the parts store shelves!!!

Thanks again for your help everyone!