Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Damn Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2018, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Cobalt

So the wife started her cobalt the other day, it coughed, and died. She restarted it and it ran. Driving to work, the engine light came on, so she got to work, shut it down, and went to it. At break she started it and it ran fine. Shuts it down, goes back to work. Comes out after work and it just the starter just zings. So it’s done, I replace the starter. Engine code was 0016, can/crank sensor. Replace that. Keep in mind, the battery was disconnected for hours while doing errands and grabbing new sensor. Hook up the battery, and the starter sounds like the battery is weak. Change that for a new one. Same thing. Pull a plug to see if it has spark, and it’s a weak dull yellow spark. I’ve changed the starter replaced the sensor, what else could my problem be? Thanks in advance.

Don
Old December 11th, 2018, 12:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check to see if there is something else draining your battery, like a frayed battery cable or anything else you may have disturbed while swapping out the starter.