Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Need urgent help please

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2010, 9:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need urgent help please

I am replacing a defective under the hood fuse panel/box in a Cobalt and have everything disconnected except two connectors and no matter what I do they will not come out. Supposedly you are to 'depress" the blue inserts but they will not depress anywhere as they are already down as far as they will go. Anybody know what to do here?
Thanks

Pic below
Attached Thumbnails Need urgent help please-connectors.jpg  
Old October 19th, 2010, 9:00 AM
CF Active Member

For anyone else trying to do this I finally figured it out. The blue clip does not need to be removed or even touched, you simply place a screwdriver at the side and bend the handle of the screwdriver away from the connector depressing the clip and while holding the screwdriver pull the connector out.
Attached Thumbnails Need urgent help please-clips2.jpg   Need urgent help please-clips1.jpg  
Old August 18th, 2011, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why were you replacing the fuse block? I am suspecting that something inside the panel itself is burned up on my 2005 Cobalt.
Old August 18th, 2011, 5:21 PM
CF Active Member

The reason I replaced the fuse block is because I suspect that someone "detailed" the engine compartment with a pressure washer and got the fuse block wet, then when the car would not run went to a junkyard and got the wrong fuse block and installed it because the car did run then. The fuse cover was the correct one but it did not fit the block correctly. I went to a dealer and looked at other 2007 Cobalts and discovered that I had the wrong one so I replaced it. GM used different fuse blocks on different year Cobalts so you need to get the correct one. I put a new GM part one in from Chevrolet.