Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Please help me, very urgent!

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2007, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me, very urgent!

Hi all, im from Mexico hope you dont mine to help me, i got a 1999 malibu 3.1 v6 100.000kms
my car was runing great a month a go it stared to show overheating problems the resistor coils were replaced and everything went ok for 3 days
then again the same problem, the problem is:

i use the car as normal but when temperature goes to the half of the indicator the car starts to steam and it drops the kooland out of it, everything goes well until car get the half of temperature, fans seems to work fine but im not sure of this couse it seems to be soo slow i dunno if this is normal.

what i did on to this respect?

1.-changed the resistor coils
2.-changed the temp bulb
3.-got a full service on radiator
4.-water pump seems to be good
5.-There are no waterescapes(fugues)
6.-the car is missing Thermostat (couse in Mexico its warm the whole year) we use to take out this part
7-changed the Stopper of the recovery tank (water)
8.-the automobile has been bled.

ill try to take some pictures tomorrow and i hope you please, please, help me, i really love this car.

Thanks a lot and sorry about the bad english.

Old April 30th, 2007, 10:29 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Please help me, very urgent!

Hopefully you are not using just water for the coolant because your car will overheat and boil over.

You should be using a coolant additive ... at least Dexcool ... which raises the boiling point of the coolant.

Are you completely sure the water pump is working properly ?? It's relatively not expensive and easy to replace.

You may have a leaking head or intake gasket which will contribute to over heating.
Old April 30th, 2007, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Please help me, very urgent!

man after all, really really thanks for answer, i think you are right, i gonna replace the water water pump, i cant see any kind of leak out of it but you right, its not expensive to try, another thing i just noticed is that some of the hoses are inflated, but ill change the pump today and ill write you again.

THANKS A LOT!