Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

seized engine, lost oil, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2008, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seized engine, lost oil, HELP!

Need some help please? it's a 2007 Cobalt.
I have a friend who damaged his oil pan after hitting a pothole, the engine ended up losing all its oil and seized up. They now need a new engine and the insurance company won’t pay for it. Question is how would he of known he was losing oil from the damaged oil pan? What lights if any would of come on in the car (the car had no oil light) to alert him that he was leaking oil? If a light (engine light?) did come on how long would they have before the engine lockup? I have talked to my insurance company and they have told me they would pay for a NEW engine if it happen to me. His insurance company is refusing, saying he should of known he was losing oil. [] [&o]
Old April 13th, 2008, 3:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: seized engine, lost oil, HELP!

i doubt that any lights would come on but he would be able to notice by the oil pressure guage...no oil equals no oil pressure and if he did notice this he would not really have much time (depending on how hot the engine is) the check engine light might come on (but probably not) for low oil pressure but yet again he would not have much time before it seized