Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

What is this part?

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2012, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this part?

Hi there,

I am wondering if someone could help me identify this part. Someone told me it was an air intake, but I didn't think those were made of plastic. Long story short, my husband hit a "boulder" on the side of the road and when I took a look this black plastic piece that came from under the passenger side front bumper came off.

I looked into it, but can't seem to find anything. I really don't want to take her to the mechanic to fix it, if it isn't going to hurt anything. (Sorry if that offends some of you.)

Thanks in advance!

Http://imgur.com/GR8t2.jpg

[img]http://I.imgur.com/GR8t2.jpg[\img]

Last edited by TCase09; November 25th, 2012 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Link not working
Old November 25th, 2012, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

That is the intake snorkle for the air cleaner box.It is mounted in the right front fender area between the front bumper and right front fender behind the inner fender liner.It helps to direct cool air to the air cleaner.The car should be ok with out it,but it would be an easy fix.