Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

2019 Colorado Z71 problems

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2019, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down 2019 Colorado Z71 problems

I am having many issues with my 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71. My Colorado is 8 months old and I have had the same issue and issues with the radio.
So far I have had 2 SD cards replaced, 1 SD card reprogrammed, and 5 radios replaced in my truck. I want to say that the dealer had been great with my situation. Unfortunately their hands are tied and must follow what the upper levels of GM direct them to do.
As I have mentioned I have these issues since my purchase last March. GM Canada uses a third party service to look after the infotainment system in their vehicles. I am sure this is the same in the US.
To date my truck has been in the shop on 18 occasions to deal with these issues. My problems are more then just the SD reader error. Just to explain the 18 visits half have been scheduled visits and the other half are visits that I make to the dealership I make when some code appears on my info system as directed by the shop foreman.

1. Sirius cuts out even on the highway without obstructions

2. The radio screen goes blank and remains blank for several minutes to several hours

3. Bluetooth quite unexpectedly. The radio may be on and Bluetooth just stops and of course when the radio goes blank nothing works

4. wifi stops to work without warning

5. radio looks like it is on but had no volume and I can’t switch to any other band or change the screen

6. And of course I have been getting an SD error since day one.

7. vehicle wouldn’t start. Anti theft warning appeared on infotainment system

I have contacted customer service who are just going through the motions and feedback is few and far between. Being frustrated with all of the problems I have requested for GM to take my truck back and give me a new one or just to simply by me out.
We don’t have a lemon law in Canada but we do have CAMVAP that is recognized in Canada to assist in arbitration matters with car manufacturers.

I advised customer service I had contacted CAMVAP and I finally received a call from customer service. At that time I was advised that a new radio was ordered for my truck. This will be #6 and nine of them have worked properly.

Ok GM wants to install radio #6 but what about my SD error issue?

GM Canada has been working to resolve all my issues including the SD error for 8 month without success.

If you get your SD error figured out let me know.

I am done with GM!

ST

Last edited by Sam Theocharis; November 15th, 2019 at 4:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old November 15th, 2019, 5:59 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Theocharis
I am having many issues with my 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71. My Colorado is 8 months old and I have had the same issue and issues

GM Canada has been working to resolve all my issues including the SD error for 8 month without success.

If you get your SD error figured out let me know.

I am done with GM!

ST
Sorry about all the issues with your Chevy Colorado. Lots of vehicle manufactures are having issues like this. Making junk in Asia isn't helping anything. When things were made in N/A, they were better. I have a 70 year old Frigidaire refrigerator/ freezer that's never been worked on. It was my now deceased parents first fridge made in 1951 in the USA. It has no defrost mode but none of them did back then.. The USA knew how to build things properly, once upon a time.
The following users liked this post:
Rednucleus (May 30th, 2020)
Old November 15th, 2019, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your support I just got a lemon. I hear you about vehicles. When cars are made elsewhere other than North America there will be issues. I have one if the last Audi’s made in Germany. A buddy of mine bought one and they are assembled in Mexico now. Lots of problems.

Last edited by Sam Theocharis; November 15th, 2019 at 6:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old November 15th, 2019, 7:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Thanks for your support I just got a lemon. I hear you about vehicles. When cars are made elsewhere other than North America there will be issues. I have one if the last Audi’s made in Germany. A buddy of mine bought one and they are assembled in Mexico now. Lots of problems.
Yeap! We/'ve lost lots of good jobs here and in Europe and Australia. What we end up with is mostly just cheap junk Its frustrating, but there isn't much we can do about it..
Old May 30th, 2020, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Gm Finally came through. I got some compensation $$, good trade in value for my Colorado and screaming deal on a loaded 2020 GMC Sierra Denali. The only problem is now after a few months on a cold start after sitting all night I get a puff of blue smoke. I figured it was the valve seals and sure enough it is. It has the 6.2L engine and runs like a 70's muscle car. The dealer is waiting for the parts to replace all the valve seals on both heads. Parts crossing the boarder take about 1 month to come. Stay tuned. I am not sure what I have done or who I have pissed off but it seems I am a target for GM issues LOL. Stay tuned. I am the poster boy for GM issues!

ST

2020 GMC Denali replacement of devil possessed 2019 Colorado

The Colorado from hell!!

Last edited by Sam Theocharis; May 30th, 2020 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old May 30th, 2020, 11:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 198 Posts

At least things are happening early on when warranty is in place. Also sounds like despite your troubles, you have nice relationship with your dealer. Hopefully this ride will be great for you & your family.
Thanks for the update on this thread!
Old May 30th, 2020, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

No Worries it my pleasure to get this updated. Stratford Motor Products are champs! They went to bat for me in 2009 when I had problems with my 2008 Enclave as well as with my 2019 Colorado. The hold up was GM customer service in Oshawa, the area general manager, and all the bureaucratic red tape that follows issues like this. The owner at SMP, the new car manager and my sales person, all named Steve by the way were fabulous. Talk about sticking up for their customer. They went over an above what they needed to do to help me with not only this problem with the Colorado but also in 2009 with my Buick Enclave! I am not one to ever recommend things but my experience with vehicle issues and the assistance I got from SMP was second to none! I highly recommend this dealership!
The following users liked this post:
Rednucleus (May 30th, 2020)
Old June 7th, 2020, 12:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Wow; what great work. Quite the upgrade. Congrats!

Was the Colorado a lease or purchase initially?

And did you have to come up with additional money for the Sierra?
Old June 7th, 2020, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks dbs600 I leased the Colorado for 4 years. As for the money part. I got the Sierra at cost, GM provided money, it was March truck madness for I got a good incentive and my aunt works at GM and I got a rebate from that as well. The dealer SMP was also great they provided me with a free tonneau and installation and window tint. My case went on for to long and that was GM Canadas fault not the dealer. Don't get me wrong I loved the Colorado, but after 37 visits to the shop in 12 months I had enough. Just to make myself clear the 37 visits to the shop included scheduled warranty issues and visits that were requested by the shop foreman to scan the vehicle every time I had an issue. I was told that every time there was a problem or glitch I was to drive the truck dorectly to the shop so it could be scanned for a code. I don't want everyone to think that all 37 visits were scheduled warranty appointments.
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks dbs600 I leased the Colorado for 4 years. As for the money part. I got the Sierra at cost, GM provided money, it was March truck madness for I got a good incentive and my aunt works at GM and I got a rebate from that as well. The dealer SMP was also great they provided me with a free tonneau and installation and window tint. My case went on for to long and that was GM Canadas fault not the dealer. Don't get me wrong I loved the Colorado, but after 37 visits to the shop in 12 months I had enough. Just to make myself clear the 37 visits to the shop included scheduled warranty issues and visits that were requested by the shop foreman to scan the vehicle every time I had an issue. I was told that every time there was a problem or glitch I was to drive the truck dorectly to the shop so it could be scanned for a code. I don't want everyone to think that all 37 visits were scheduled warranty appointments.
Wonderful resolution! Well played!

That said, is the overall payment on the Sierra more money than the Colorado? If so, by how much?

And I take it that you're leasing the Sierra as well?