Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Radio RANDOMLY ON upon Startup! :|

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2019, 10:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio RANDOMLY ON upon Startup! :|

2019 Chevrolet Colorado.

Why does the radio sometimes come on at moderate volume level at startup EVEN THOUGH it’s either OFF or at a LOW volume when I shut off the truck!?

Seems to be intermittent and I can’t find any settings except for MAXIMUM radio start up volume, which SHOULD MEAN that if the radio is on LOUDER than that upon shut down, that that'd be the MAXIMUM it would turn back ON at… NOT the other way around (not such that if the radio is OFF, it'll automatically come ON at the selected volume).

Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Very annoying.

ARGH.
Old September 3rd, 2020, 11:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Any updates anyone? Still a problem for me. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
2019star (October 21st, 2020)
Old September 4th, 2020, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

great question for GM customer service
Old September 6th, 2020, 10:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
great question for GM customer service
I've brought to my dealer and opened up a case with corporate thereafter due to dealer incompetence.

I've gotten no where, they're stating cannot duplicate concern / operating as designed / no problem found.

They're making it as if I need to press and hold down the power button in order to truly shut off the radio.

Yes, I get that, that that is an option as well, but if the volume is off or muted upon shutdown, it should stay that way upon startup.

No one else experiencing same?

Many thanks for your reply.
Old October 21st, 2020, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio not shutting off

I too completely shut off radio and it will be on when I start my truck. The screen on the infotainment is off ie blue but the radio is on.

anyone else?
Old October 29th, 2021, 5:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also having bizarre radio problem issues, radio is off but on start up radio is blasting. Afraid to even go near a dealer though its a 2022 for fear them making things worse.

Last edited by Oldirongut; October 30th, 2021 at 7:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old October 30th, 2021, 7:19 PM
CF Junior Member

2022 Colo same thing sound settings don't last more than a day, Treble Bass Midrange.... then upon starting I'm greeted with a full trebelized blast from a crap radio with the radio left on off. GM can't even get a tiny issue right........ now check you tube for the major issues with the 3.6 engine. Gremlin or Yugo might be better or even a Chevette which I returned the next day after sale.

Last edited by Oldirongut; October 30th, 2021 at 7:36 PM.
Old April 27th, 2022, 1:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well.

I have a 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

The truck has software build number V805.1.

I know there are newer software versions, but when in for a servicing at the dealer, I asked the advisor to check for an update. Upon completion the advisor informed me there are no updates for my truck.

I told him I understand there are newer versions, but he said the updates are VIN specific and there are no new updates for my truck!?

I’m having difficulty with the radio randomly being on upon startup and/or at a louder volume than left off upon prior shut down.

What is the newest software version for our trucks, and how can I go about getting same?

Please advise.

Thank you very much!

My best.
Old April 27th, 2022, 3:24 PM
CF Junior Member

I had this happen on a new 2022 @300 mi, the whole infotainment system had to be replaced (under warranty) they could not fix radio problem alone. If you have a warranty, use it, this is what it's for. Software change did not help. Equalizer and volume were out of control. On and off startup. Went to TRUSTED DEALER

Last edited by Oldirongut; April 27th, 2022 at 4:15 PM.
Old April 27th, 2022, 6:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks so very much for your most prompt reply!

How many dealer visits did you make?

Was it easy to reproduce / replicate the problem?

So yours had to do with the fact that the radio would be turned off upon shut down, but would be on upon start up?

By chance, can you please tell me what software version you updated the radio to prior to radio replacement, and what software version you have now on the new radio?

My problem is intermittent, but definitely there; ARGH.

We do have a warranty, but for the dealer to diagnose, they'll need to keep the truck - AND won't give a loaner.

Many thanks again.

Quick Reply: Radio RANDOMLY ON upon Startup! :|