Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

AC

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2005, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC

OK I have a 2005 colorado and the dealership had it last week to fix the AC. But had to drop it off again cause its not working. the compresser is kicking on and off on and off. Has any of you tech guys out there had this problem? Or any other problems that I need to know about. its a 5 speed 2.8 litter 4 banger.
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: AC

yes i have this i have a 04 with 60k and this just started i hav no more warranty other people are having this problem too. what to do??
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Probably a defective Thermostatic Clutch Cycling Switch, another name for it is the Thermostatic Control Switch. Locate that switch and disconnect it then take a jumper wire and connect the two leads. If the problem goes away then you found your problem.

Another problem could be a restriction in the discharge hose or condenser; this will cause the High pressure cut-off switch to cycle your compressor on and off. Look for pinched hoses on the discharge line of your compressor (the hot line). Otherwise you could have a clogged condenser and it needs to be flushed or replaced.

The last two possibilities are that you have too much or too little refrigerant in the system. All of this can be checked with a manifold gauge set.
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 05 crewcab and had an issue with the ac compressor shutting off and the lights on the controls not working. Turned out that the connector behind the ac control panel was not plugged in good and got worse from he hitting it . Easy enough to pull it out and connect it and no more problems with it.