Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

My darn headlights

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2006, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My darn headlights

Hi.
I have a question about my headlights on my 2005 Colorado. I am constantly getting flashed for my brights when I dont have them on. I see no adjustment screws. I'm I blind, dumb, or rightly confused? Thanks in advance for any help.

2005 Colorado
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: My darn headlights

I think you should go outside (at night) and turn on your brights in you driveway. Then get out of your truck and look at them. Next turn off you brights to the headlights regular setting and go look again. Is there a difference? If their is but it's still too bright, then I would check to make sure you have the correct wattage bulbs in your headlights.
Old December 17th, 2006, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

I get the same thing in my 05 Colorado. Do you have your fog lights on?I noticed that was the main problem for me. If they still flash you, just start swerving at them, they tend to stop.
Old December 24th, 2006, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

the adjuster screw for up/down on the headlights isinfront of the radiator support under the hood, behind the headlight it's self. it's a long brass colored screw. there is also a crosshare molded into the plastic lens if the headlights. using a tape measure, determine the height of the crosshare on level ground. then while parked 20-30ft from a wall, measure the same distance from the ground as the crosshare on your headlight. mark that location, the middle of the brightest part of your headlight beam (shinning on the wall) should pass through the mark that you just made, if you still get "flassed" thenpoint the headlights down more.