Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

New 2016 truck with a quick stupid question.

Old September 15th, 2016, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2016 truck with a quick stupid question.

We just bought a 2016 Colorado. With it comes this new-fangled "infotainment" system. Everything you have to subscribe to comes free for 3 months as a trial, then we lose it. That works well for us because we're taking a cross country road trip in October (the whole month), which falls within that time period. After that, we won't need it anyway.

I'm still unclear how it all works and most we'll figure out by playing around, but the one thing I cannot figure out is the wifi. The dealership insists it has its own wifi system during the trial. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this, but I do understand that trains and planes have their own wifi, so I guess that could be true. I just want to know if it is for sure. I've looked through the manual and all the stuff that has come with it and I'm still confused. So my question is this: does it really have its own wifi? If so, does it work always, as in remote areas like a desert or the mountains? We'll be doing both.

Sorry, but as a woman I don't know a thing about trucks but I'm fairly tech savy, so long as it's something I've used before. This is new and try as I might, I can't figure this one out.
Old September 16th, 2016, 7:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts
Default google it

https://www.onstar.com/ca/en/service...UF3A&gclsrc=ds

Search this Thread