Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Rough Idle and annoying

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2007, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle and annoying

Ok.. 05 Colorado crew cab , manual, I-4 .. I have 59k miles and the thing has had a bad problem of a rough idle.. Seems worse when the engine is cold and when in neutral/stopping. It has died a few times due to this.. Has anyone had a similar problem?

jex

Plus the check engine light comes on and off from time to time. Had it checked at a lube place and it read something about "Idle control -something something- rpm low" ..

Old May 9th, 2007, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Rough Idle and annoying

Got an EVAC update on the computer, Changed fuel filter and air filter again, and cleaned the throttlebody and throttlebody plate. Runs great now.
Old March 12th, 2008, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Rough Idle and annoying

Everyone may want to hear this, and I realise your posting was post 8/07.

There was a consumer relations letter on the 2005 colorado back in August of 07.

"This letter is intended to make you aware that some 2005 model year Chevrolet Colorado Vehicles, equipped with either a 2.8L 4 cylinder or 3.5L 5 cylinder engine, may experience a condition where the engine intake valve seats may wear. This will cause partial misfire and illumination of the Service Engine Soon (SES) light. Continued opperation and resulting additional wear may eventually lead to engine idle roughness.

Do not take your vehicle to your Chevrolet dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above.

WHAT WE HAVE DONE: General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the engine intake valve seat wear condition. If this condition occurs on your 2005 Chevrolet Colorado within 7 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at NO CHARGE.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to call the service department at your dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is convenient for you. This will also allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glove box literature for future reference."

I'm sure everyone here got the same letter, but I figured it might help someone and it would be cool to have in the Colorado thread history.

Good luck with your trucks!