Computer, Ignition, & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, ignition system, fuel system and delivery, customization and more.

Chevy TPI fuel injection

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2006, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy TPI fuel injection

I have a chevy ZZ4 (350 cu)in my streetrod. It has a tuned port that fits a 85 to 91 camareo. It seems that when I shut the car off it looses fuel pressure. I have to turn the key on three or four times( to get the fuel pump to prime the system).

Anyone got any idea about a bled down valve or something that will keep the pressure up.

Thanks
Old October 31st, 2006, 12:56 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Chevy TPI fuel injection

Could very well be the pressure regular, I've heard of this happening once before.
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is any bleed down (I am not sure that is the right term) valve either the feed or return line that would keep pressure on the system. When I took the return line off there was no pressure.

Rich
Old November 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
CF Pro Member

Unfortunately I don't know your configuration ... the suggestion of the regulator came to mind from someone else who had a very similar situation.

They have a completely different make of automobile but the scenario was very similar.

After driving the vehicle there would be restart issues from no fuel pressure condition. The problem discovered was after shut down the pressure would fall rapidly ( measured at the fuel rail in this case) which was determined to be the regulator. In their case there is check valve associated with the regulator system that was allowing the pressure to bleed down the return line. Their system is located in the fuel tank by the pump.

Hopefully this gives you some insight.