Corvette Since 1953, the All American Sports car, and with the new 2014 C7 model, no end is in sight.

2014 Corvette C7
Platform: Y-body
Latest Corvette C7 News here: CorvetteForum.com

Getting "Blown Off" by GM

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2011, 7:11 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to forward this to my friends at GM. Maybe they can help.
Old April 6th, 2011, 7:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6inFL
I've NEVER had a good experience at Bob Steel.. My last experience.. I had to take my truck in for a recall and they had to drop/change the oil. The tech didn't tighten the oil filter and I lost 2.5 quarts of oil from the dealer to my house. Noticed the huge puddle in my drive way when I walked back outside. I am done with them.. I had my C6 in for a issue with the transmission now my exhaust rattles constantly.. I'm afraid to take it back to them..
I imagine that's their game plan, to do shoddy work so you won't come back, especially if the car's under warranty. The number one pet peeve around here is bringing a car in for warranty if you purchased it elsewhere. Not saying that's the case with you, just stating what was told to me at a local place of business.
Old April 6th, 2011, 5:54 PM
CF Junior Member

I wouldn't doubt it.. But I am so tired of "battling" with GM I give up, they win.. I am getting rid of all my GM vehicles (2 vette’s, LTZ suburban, Impala SS). I will get rid of them one at a time, first to go is the LTZ.. Just had GM “do me” for the last time. $57,000 vehicle and the dash cracked while I was sitting at a stop light and they don’t want to do anything about it. My case was “closed because the dealer could not reach me” yet they continue to call and want to see if I am willing to trade in a vehicle.. Well now I am but not for another overprice low quality vehicle.. I see a Audi Q7 Turbo Diesel towing my boat, nice thing is it’s about the same price I paid for the LTZ but it comes with 3 years maintenance included.

You win GM, another loyal customer of 30 years walking away totally disgusted with your company.
Old September 9th, 2012, 6:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Now that the government has pretty well taken over GM, my wife and I aren't considering buying any more of their cars.
Not to rant but the way they did it, avoiding the bankruptcy process, put the shaft to GM bondholders, me included. I don't know who I'm madder at, GM or the government, both were culpable. The union and the feds ended up with the company instead of the rightful owners.
Old September 9th, 2012, 7:48 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by a. palmer jr.
Now that the government has pretty well taken over GM, my wife and I aren't considering buying any more of their cars.
Not to rant but the way they did it, avoiding the bankruptcy process, put the shaft to GM bondholders, me included. I don't know who I'm madder at, GM or the government, both were culpable. The union and the feds ended up with the company instead of the rightful owners.
I've bought my last GM also.