Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

'11 Cruze LT Fan loud and blowing

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2014, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '11 Cruze LT Fan loud and blowing

My Cruze seems to have the same issues as other posts I am reading. My fan is soooo loud and obnoxiousness. I actually get embarrassed by it. My service engine light came on yesterday. Called dealership they couldn't get me in until Monday. Told me it's OK to drive it as long as my check engine light doesn't start flashing. Then pull over somewhere safe and get a tow to the dealership. My transmission starting slipping this past week. Frustrating to only have 48k miles and experience so many problems. This is our 7th GM vehicle. We have a '06 Malibu Maxx with 180k and have not had a problem. I sure hope I can get resolution I under warranty.
Old September 13th, 2014, 4:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

We can certainly imagine how frustrating this noise must be, joda123. We are here if extra help is needed with your concern. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Loud Fan

I've been having the same problem. A few weeks ago, my car started overheating after a trip to the movies. After taking it to my local Chevy dealership, they determined the water pump needed to be replaced (after 5 hours of waiting). I found this strange as I had just had the pump replaced a few months before. Mind you, my fan WAS NOT blowing hard before I took it to the dealership. About 2 miles after leaving the dealership, I immediately noticed that the fan was blowing hard and my air conditioning was blowing warm air. I then brought the car back and waited another two hours for them to tell me they improperly replaced the pump!!! I was turned off, but I, once again, thanked them for their help and went on my way, only to notice that the fan was STILL blowing hard.

So I brought it back, alerted the representative of the issue and he explained that it would be best to keep the car for a day. When I returned to pick up my car, I noticed that it was still having the same issue, but I elected to cease business with the dealership. Unfortunately, my car later stalled on me at a stop light that same day, forcing me to return the car. They then kept the car for two days, only to tell me that the fan was normal and was due to a computer update that encourages the fan to blow harder when idling. I knew it was BS so I took it to another dealer who immediately told me that the fan was "set to blow on high and would eventually blow out" and that it would cost $700 to fix. He also mentioned that he had never seen an issue like that on a Chevy Cruze.

Of course, the original dealer has been ignoring our request for help and GM customer service hasn't been much help either by neglecting to call us back so we're stuck.

This will definitely be the LAST Chevrolet I purchase and will advise those around me to avoid the brand all together.
Old September 24th, 2014, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default loud fan

Brought mine to the dealership again they tell me there is nothing wrong with it. They did a recall item fix on it. I am the loudest idling car out there. The fan is obnoxious. I will call today to see if they will switch the fan settings. I am VERY disappointed in the purchase of our Chevy Cruze. So frustrating.
Old September 24th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Official GM Rep

Hey joda123,

We truly apologize for you frustrations. If needed, we can contact your dealership on your behalf and discuss your concern further with them. Let us know if we can be of assistance with this matter.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 25th, 2014, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by joda123
Brought mine to the dealership again they tell me there is nothing wrong with it. They did a recall item fix on it. I am the loudest idling car out there. The fan is obnoxious. I will call today to see if they will switch the fan settings. I am VERY disappointed in the purchase of our Chevy Cruze. So frustrating.
Please let me know if they were able to switch the fan speed. This issue is more frustrating than any of the dealerships/shops I've visited seem to believe.
Old September 26th, 2014, 8:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Aiselcat
Please let me know if they were able to switch the fan speed. This issue is more frustrating than any of the dealerships/shops I've visited seem to believe.
If you'd like to send us your VIN we'll gladly look further into this matter on your behalf, Aiselcat. We regret to learn of your frustrations and would be happy to help in whatever way possible. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care