Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Cruze - No A/C after replacing battery

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2021, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Cruze - No A/C after replacing battery

I replaced the 5 year old battery in my daughter's 2011 Cruze the other day and now the A/C won't come on. It was working fine before the battery died. She did mention that a lot of the dash lights were lit up when she tried to start the car with the weak battery.

I read that pulling certain fuses (+ check to make sure they're not blown), waiting for a couple of minutes then reinstalling them might reset the computer. I checked and re-installed Fuse #17 under the dash and Fuse #62 under the hood per some other info that I read but still no A/C. She drove the car for a couple of days hoping that the computer would synch back up with the computer but no such luck. I scanned it with my OBD tool but it's not throwing any codes.

Any further suggestions ?
Thanks.

Last edited by radeohedca; May 24th, 2021 at 8:35 PM.
Old June 19th, 2021, 10:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1. With the car off, unplug the climate control or "HVAC" fuse and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Alternatively, you could disconnect the battery (in case you are unsure which fuse to pull or the fuse method doesn't work).
  2. After restoring power, start the car and do not touch any controls. Let the car calibrate the sensors. The wait period is arbitrary, but three minutes should be plenty.
  3. The climate controls should now be calibrated. Test both the heat and AC, and if available, test individual zone temperatures to be sure.