Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2012 Cruze Fan is very agressive

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2017, 9:27 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cruze Fan is very agressive

My 2012 Cruze seems to put the engine fan on high as soon as I start it and it won't quit until I shut off the car. I got the water pump replaced years ago as part of the recall and my temperature gauge shows normal temps so I'm not sure why the fan is cranked up all the time. No engine light on or anything but its really annoying that the fan is so loud all the time.
Old February 1st, 2018, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a common problem....i surmise that if you had the codes checked, you would get P0597/P0598--has everything to do with chevy switching to a thermal housing instead of a simple thermostat. If you look online for that code you will see a lot of chevy's are having problems with this. I'm currently having this problem and "patiently" waiting for some Chevy Rep to actually contact me. I have to pass a emissions test for my Chevy this month, but I can't pass while experiencing these codes.