Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2012 Cruze: Faulty coolingsensor-- have had to replace thermostat two years in a row

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2018, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cruze: Faulty coolingsensor-- have had to replace thermostat two years in a row

In April of 2017, the check engine light came on. A few days later the fan started running non-stop and the car started to have trouble accelerating. My mechanic said it was a faulty cooling temperature sensor, but the the sensor was intergrated into the thermostat and I had to replace the integrated thermostat and its housing. The Cruze ran fine for several months, but the same problem recurred 11 months later in March of this year and I had to replace the integrated thermostat and housing again. Now it is July. The check engine light hasn't come back on, but the poor acceleration has returned. Is it possible to hvae this fixed once and for all? Do I have to wait for the check engine light to come on again before taking it to the dealer?