Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2014 1.4 LT service stabilitrak, traction control and check engine light blinking

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2020, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 1.4 LT service stabilitrak, traction control and check engine light blinking

Hello, I posted this on another forum and desperately need help on a resolution.

I need some help with my son's 2014 Cruze LT. Just recently, the stabilitrack light came on, along with the traction control light and the check engine light started blinking. Previously, I had changed all the temp sensors and the thermostat, roughly a year ago. I myself have a 2013 ECO that i was able to swap out known good parts. I installed new plugs, and swapped out the battery, ground cable, and coil pack from my running car and there was no change. The codes come up as P0420, P0299, P0301 and P0300.

I swapped out the MAF with a known good and still the same issue. I also noticed that when the RPMs rev over 2000 it seems to run smooth and normal.

I realized that the fan was running when it shouldn't be. I swapped out (yet again) the lower coolant temp sensor and the thermostat. The thermostat had a broken wire in that sensor on the top of it. The fan is no longer an issue. I pulled the spark plugs and noticed that cylinder 1's plug was wet and dirty, and the cylinder was "wet". Remember, I just changed these and they have had no road time, just starts and stops in the driveway. The plug on the left is cylinder 1 and the other three look like the one on the right.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a diagnosis?

TIA
Mike
Old May 9th, 2020, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This problem was solved on another forum. The issue ended up being the brand new spark plugs that I purchased were gaped incorrectly. They were too wide. I gaped all plugs at .028 and the car is back to purring like a kitten and all the codes stayed off once I cleared them.