Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Ac off to avoid over heating, mechanic worries.

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2023, 9:12 PM
Zax
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac off to avoid over heating, mechanic worries.

I bought this 2014 Chevrolet cruise ls from CarMax. In the first month I notice leaking. Lucky I parked where I did. CarMax seems me to this local auto skop they fixed a coolant pump and tubes and power steering pump and tubes. It was like 3700 bucks carmax covered.
so I get this ac warning and the shop said they covered there repairs and I wondered if taking my car back to the same shop hoping they can fix it is a bad idea because i don't have a lot of money to fix my car.

Could running the heat on accident while driving in the rain (but it's the river of water in CA) I'm from the bay area and I did run the ac and heater at the same time..

I apologize if I'm dumb but the error didn't show back up yet. If I didn't already say I do too the auto skop that worked on it last.early...
Old January 17th, 2023, 3:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Zax
I bought this 2014 Chevrolet cruise ls from CarMax. In the first month I notice leaking. Lucky I parked where I did. CarMax seems me to this local auto skop they fixed a coolant pump and tubes and power steering pump and tubes. It was like 3700 bucks carmax covered.
so I get this ac warning and the shop said they covered there repairs and I wondered if taking my car back to the same shop hoping they can fix it is a bad idea because i don't have a lot of money to fix my car.

Could running the heat on accident while driving in the rain (but it's the river of water in CA) I'm from the bay area and I did run the ac and heater at the same time..

I apologize if I'm dumb but the error didn't show back up yet. If I didn't already say I do too the auto skop that worked on it last.early...
That won't cause an a/c issue.
Old January 18th, 2023, 4:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Zax

I might be able to help you as I am an expert at vehicle A/C repairs. Did you know that when you use your defroster that your A/C system comes on as well? If you can explain what your exact issues are to me that you have with your vehicle? It would be very helpful.

BTW, I am from CA myself and although I don't live there anymore, I know the SF Bay area quite well. I was a truck-driver, as well as a mechanic. There is nothing I don't know about vehicle A/C systems at all. Please be much more specific in your reply.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; January 18th, 2023 at 4:35 AM.