Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2017, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same prob

I am having same problem. Had the car for only two months. Been in shop more than out. Been in shop three times. They have replaced the thermostat and the second sensor twice. The other sensor is built in the thermostat. Still doing it and only had it out of the shop one day. Don't know what to do please help!!?!
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi emilyrenee2oo5,

Intermittent issues can pose challenges for the dealership when trying to find an appropriate fix. Nonetheless, we apologize for your experience and any frustration this has caused. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to send us a private message with your full VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership name. We'll do whatever we can to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following users liked this post:
Lisa Moore Barney (January 12th, 2020)
Old July 13th, 2017, 10:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by wilber24
what happened, was it a sensor have the same problem?
they changed mine twice and the thermostat twice. Still doing it
Old January 26th, 2019, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default that the thermostat I went to the diler I charged almost 500 dollars I fixed it for 4

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi emilyrenee2oo5,

As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns, please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
that the thermostat I went to the diler I charged almost 500 dollars I fixed it for 40 dollars is not difficult to fix even had warranty I bought 0 mile my car but the dealer what he does is steal 😡😡😡😡😡
Old January 26th, 2019, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default thermost

that is going to have the problem every certain miles is a problem of crossing and the company does not want to take responsibility
Old October 24th, 2019, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Pedro Zabala
that the thermostat I went to the diler I charged almost 500 dollars I fixed it for 40 dollars is not difficult to fix even had warranty I bought 0 mile my car but the dealer what he does is steal 😡😡😡😡😡
having same problem what did it end of being
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Overheating fix

Originally Posted by emilyrenee2oo5
As I was driving to work this morning (in my 2013 Cruze) I got this nice message on my dash screen stating "AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp". Its currently 61 degrees outside and my engine gauge was reading cold. I checked my coolant and the car has coolant in it. The dealerships are closed today as it is July 4th. What the heck can I do? Is my car safe to drive?
I replaced the engine coolant sensor and fixed my problem. 30 min was all it took. Watch a YouTube video
Old December 8th, 2019, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having the same problem, new thermostat, both sensors replaced, new water pump and still can't find a fix.
Lisa Moore Barney (January 12th, 2020)
Old January 12th, 2020, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ac off due to high engine temp.

We have been having this same problem for at least 2 years on and off. My husband is a mechanic and has replaced every sensor and anything that could be causing the problem and it still keeps happening!! I am so frustrated. This is the WORST car we have ever owned, every few weeks it seems there is something going wrong with it. DO NOT buy 2014 Chevy Cruze🤬🤬 Trust me I'm spreading the word to my friends and family.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lisa Moore Barney:
channy (December 13th, 2022), Yathome (February 20th, 2022)
Old February 25th, 2020, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Call gm motors

Originally Posted by emilyrenee2oo5
As I was driving to work this morning (in my 2013 Cruze) I got this nice message on my dash screen stating "AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp". Its currently 61 degrees outside and my engine gauge was reading cold. I checked my coolant and the car has coolant in it. The dealerships are closed today as it is July 4th. What the heck can I do? Is my car safe to drive?
same thing happened to me. Make sure you call gm and make a complaint about this! A month and a half ago, i just had my water pump, water outlet and thermostat changed in my coolant. I am currently at a Chevy dealership getting my reservoir replaced bc that is leaking now. It’s def not an cheap fix, and Chevy will only pay for the pump. This is a common thing to happen in Chevys, and it def needs looked into. It seems to happen a lot more right after the warranty is up, almost like a set up. Gm had told me the more people who call about this, the better the chance they will do a recall.
Yathome (February 20th, 2022)
Old May 24th, 2020, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default A.C. Off due to high Engine temp.

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze. I’ve had it for four months now . In it’s really becoming a pain in the ***. I’ve paid it off full in cash. It’s been to the shop more then five times. I have got the two temp sensors replaced, fan replaced Thermostat replaced and it have oil replaced And it frees replace and antifreeze replaced. And still saying due to engine temp a.c. Is off!. Heat comes on but no a.c. . The fan stays on. I have when to the Actual Chevrolet to get help in since I didn’t buy a car there or traded a car there in only have 127 thousand miles on my car they will not help!.

Quick Reply: AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp