Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2020, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedro Zabala
that the thermostat I went to the diler I charged almost 500 dollars I fixed it for 40 dollars is not difficult to fix even had warranty I bought 0 mile my car but the dealer what he does is steal 😡😡😡😡😡
Originally Posted by Tabitha Lincoln
they changed mine twice and the thermostat twice. Still doing it
Originally Posted by Pedro Zabala
that is going to have the problem every certain miles is a problem of crossing and the company does not want to take responsibility
Originally Posted by Austin Reeves
having same problem what did it end of being
Originally Posted by Jacob Woodby
Having the same problem, new thermostat, both sensors replaced, new water pump and still can't find a fix.
Originally Posted by Lisa Moore Barney
We have been having this same problem for at least 2 years on and off. My husband is a mechanic and has replaced every sensor and anything that could be causing the problem and it still keeps happening!! I am so frustrated. This is the WORST car we have ever owned, every few weeks it seems there is something going wrong with it. DO NOT buy 2014 Chevy Cruze🤬🤬 Trust me I'm spreading the word to my friends and family.
Originally Posted by Christine McWilliams
same thing happened to me. Make sure you call gm and make a complaint about this! A month and a half ago, i just had my water pump, water outlet and thermostat changed in my coolant. I am currently at a Chevy dealership getting my reservoir replaced bc that is leaking now. It’s def not an cheap fix, and Chevy will only pay for the pump. This is a common thing to happen in Chevys, and it def needs looked into. It seems to happen a lot more right after the warranty is up, almost like a set up. Gm had told me the more people who call about this, the better the chance they will do a recall.
Lol. You want to fix the cooling issues in your car? do what I did, buy a licensing program like HP tuners or EFI live and an autocal device. Reprogram your car to open the thermostat around 190 and ​​​​readjust the temps when the fans come on.

Than lower the coolant level in the surge tank to halfway or lower to reduce the system pressure. Pretty much make the car run like every other car does.

It won't hurt anything and was made to run hotter for emissions but they didn't beef up the cooling system to handle the stress.

or pay someone who tunes cars like at a dyno to adjust your operating temperature
Old August 17th, 2020, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/1-.../#post-3093705

Thank me later
Old October 25th, 2021, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC off Temp gauge cold Fan wants to takeoff

Originally Posted by emilyrenee2oo5
As I was driving to work this morning (in my 2013 Cruze) I got this nice message on my dash screen stating "AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp". Its currently 61 degrees outside and my engine gauge was reading cold. I checked my coolant and the car has coolant in it. The dealerships are closed today as it is July 4th. What the heck can I do? Is my car safe to drive?
I've been dealing with this issue for several weeks now and have spent hundreds trying to fix it. Water pump replaced, temp sensor replaced, water housing, and Chevy dealer replaced fuse #11 after charging me $159.99 to diagnose that. Clearing the codes and/or disconnecting the battery makes it go away for a day or two, and then it all comes back. What the heck, Chevy? I'm running out of money and very frustrated.
The following users liked this post:
Yathome (February 20th, 2022)
Old January 14th, 2022, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

My Buick had this problem. It's a known issue with ~2008-2017 Regals/Malibus/LeCross'/Cruzes that the temperature sensor pigtail connectors can go bad prematurely, triggering the message as well as the running the cooling fans at 100%.

If it happens intermittently, and resolves randomly (even when driving), accompanied by a zero temp readout (slack gauge), this is characteristic of an electric fault (open circuit) in either the connector or, less likely, the sensor itself. If you replace the sensor, you might as well replace the connector, too. It's a quick $10 replacement to do both, even faster if you replace together as a unit (solder/heat shrink the connector last).

Last edited by Kehkou; January 14th, 2022 at 6:33 PM.
Yathome (February 20th, 2022)
Old February 20th, 2022, 1:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi there, I have the same problem with my 2014 Cruze as of today. I can't believe GM is making you pay a fortune for a known issue that is most likely an easy fix. WOW!
channy (December 13th, 2022)
Old February 20th, 2022, 1:18 AM
CF Beginner

Send in a complaint to GM so they can issue a recall. I am having the same problem with my Cruze 2014 and it is apparently a known issue with this and other models. We are paying thousands of dollars to deal with this when the problem is a manufacturer defect that we the consumer are paying for. Unacceptable and it needs to be exposed.
Old February 20th, 2022, 1:21 AM
CF Beginner

My 2014 Chevy Cruze started with this crap today and it is a known defect in this model. People paying thousands of dollars in unnecessary repairs to fix a manufacturer defect is ridiculous.
Old September 12th, 2022, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tabitha Lincoln
I am having same problem. Had the car for only two months. Been in shop more than out. Been in shop three times. They have replaced the thermostat and the second sensor twice. The other sensor is built in the thermostat. Still doing it and only had it out of the shop one day. Don't know what to do please help!!?!
You need to go to the dealership and get your computer reflashed
Old December 13th, 2022, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same with me!

Originally Posted by Yathome
Hi there, I have the same problem with my 2014 Cruze as of today. I can't believe GM is making you pay a fortune for a known issue that is most likely an easy fix. WOW!
this is crazy! I have a 2014 chevy cruise sport model and I’m ever since I bought the car I’ve been going back and forth fixing it ! I fixed everything mentioned in this thread! The sensors, thermostat, water gushed or whatever, just about everything! My car is parked in my garage and I’m so upset and frustrated. I spent a lot of money and nobody seem to know what the problem really is to fix it. I called chevy dealership and they said the car have no recall on it! They’re such a waste of time! And they’re scammers and need to be sued!
Old December 13th, 2022, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default This does not work!

Originally Posted by Raylom
I replaced the engine coolant sensor and fixed my problem. 30 min was all it took. Watch a YouTube video
let me know if this fixed it permanently cause it didn’t for mine! Only a temporary fix! I need help :/

Quick Reply: AC OFF Due to High Engine Temp