Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Aftermarket cv axle compatibility

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2021, 3:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket cv axle compatibility

I own a 2014 Cruze diesel. The driver side CV axle is due for replacement as it is clicking when I take off from a stop and make left hand turns. In my search for a replacement part I have found a few companies that make new aftermarket made CV axle replacements. They claim that their parts will work to replace the OEM part that I am in need of replacing. However, their OEM part numbers do not entirely match the GM OEM part number for the driver side CV Axle. The specs match up and are different for each side. But, their list of OEM numbers does not include part number 23184151 as showing on the GM parts sites for the driver side CV axle. Their part numbers only include the OEM number for the passenger side CV Axle. (13990552). Has anyone that uses this forum ever used aftermarket CV axles on their Cruze diesel and had to return the driver side because it's not compatible with the part that is in need of replacement? Or, had problems installing one of the aftermarket CV axles for the driver side?
Old April 1st, 2021, 8:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

are you buying from a jobber or webstore? get one from a local parts store jobber...their parts system are pretty good. an if it was wrong...return is easy and the correct part is usually next day. Online...ebay amazon....who knows the sellers rep.

pretty sure gas and diesel all use the same trans options so i would think the shafts would be matched to the trans not the en gine.