Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Cannot bypass the security system

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2022, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot bypass the security system

I have a damaged fob and only have the key seperated from the fob. I had another key made some time back that was just a key and no fob I used for a long time but lost it. Now that I am trying to use the key to start the car which I have done before I keep getting held up by the security system and when I stick the key in it refuses to let me turn the engine. I am trying over and over to insert the key into the door, lock it then unlock and leave the key in its position for 30 seconds and I have tried inserting the key and turning the key to accessories(which should turn on the radio correct?) for 10 mins then back for 2 at rest and it is not resetting the alarm for some reason. Is this fob somehow necessary or are there any other methods for turning off the alarm? I don't absolutely need it and it is more annoyign than anything so can I deactivate it somehow? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.