Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Fan on all the time

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2020, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan on all the time

I have a 2016 Cruze Limited 1.4T. My thermostat and both coolant temp sensors are new and working properly. Car runs great no codes, no check light and runs at the correct operating temperature-in the vicinity of 225 Fahrenheit when warmed up. The engine fan starts running when the guage reaches half way and runs constantly until I shut the car off, no matter how long that is. It isn't running on high speed just medium. It's 25 degrees tonight in Vermont and the fan never kicks off. I know it doesn't need to be on in this cold weather but its tough to troubleshoot this without a trouble code to guide me. When its 65 degrees out and I'm driving this fan is off most of the time, unless I'm sitting in stop and go traffic then it will cycle on and off like it should. I can't figure it out, my ambient temp sensor is working fine too. Anyone have suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks