Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

First Car, Worst experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2017, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down First Car, Worst experience EVER!

Got my car from Clay Cooley back in February of this year (2017). A month after I got my car It overheated and started leaking coolant. We got It towed to Clay Cooley and they fixed the problem or so they said. Fast forward 8 months fall has made its way around and the heater stops working. I take my Chevy to Clay Cooley and ask them if they can take a look under the hood just to tell me what might be going on. They say No because we have to pay 137 for a diagnostics test. Ok, so we tell them we will bring the car back in two days (payday) to pay for the diagnostics test. Fast forward two days later and the car starts doing the exact same thing it did back in February(except a little worse-in my opinion)!!! It overheats, engine symbol comes on and A/C off message appeared. We put water in it to see if that helped..NOPE..drains the water pretty fast….so we go and get coolant. Put the coolant in it..thinking that should help..NOPE! Drains the coolant as well, so now we figure there must be a leak..on top of it overheating over night and the heater not working. Not to mention i turned on the heat back in August and it was just fine! I remember I got a piece of mail sent to me stating that the car has a recall on it and that i should take it to Clay Cooley to get it checked out. When I went to Clay Cooley back in Oct. to ask them about the recall they told me that my car had no recalls on it. Ok...so I get on a Chevy Cruze forum just to find out that people got a letter about a recall and experienced the same problems as I did. Here is a piece from the forum describing the very thing that happened with me and 2012 Chevy Cruze. Now my car is out of an engine and instead of them valuing their customer and trying to find a solution to all of this, they just keep sending me in circles. This was my first car and to be honest I shopped Clay Cooley first when I should’ve shopped him last...or maybe not at all! Worst experience ever and I don’t recommend anyone getting ANYTHING from Clay Cooley!