Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2015, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevry Cruze

I am also having the same problem with my engine light coming on and fan constantly running. I am going to take my car into the dealership tomorrow. My cruze is a 2012 and has 45,000 miles on it. I'm confused on if this is covered by warranty or not... it also has the code p0597 showing up.
Old January 14th, 2015, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Oh my....

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello deanguy,

I am sorry for any vehicle trouble you are experiencing due to the engine light being illuminated. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation and help set up a dealership appointment for a vehicle diagnosis.
Please contact us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Now my Chevy Cruz is doing the same thing.....except I have a problem with them dealership where I purchased it!!!!
Old January 14th, 2015, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

When I first purchased my vehicle ....the same night I drove it home there was a burning smell....I immediately called the dealership and they took the car back and gave me a Loaner...they fixed the problem which was a small leak....then there was a recall on the car which was fixed...Because of the first problem with my car.. GM had asked if the problem was fixed...Then one of these mechanics name Tony told me to put in a good report and he would give me an oil change for free...Tony knew I was having problems that particular dealership and conversing with people at the top..So when I called Tony for oil change he was rude and said no...I have left many messages with the person in charge of the repairs. She has never returned my calls...Now for about 4 or 5 months that sound is in my car and the engine light is on and on star told me it was the heater thermostat circuit control...I can't even go to my dealer because of The sarcastic remarks, rudeness, lies and the fact that I was sold A LEMON!! It saddens my heart...because I was told Chevrolet was the best dealership!! Never again!!
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi peachezz,

We’re so sorry that you’re experiencing this same concern. We’re also sorry that you have experienced trouble with your dealership. Please send us a private message with more information and we can definitely look further into this matter for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 15th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ebecker13
I am also having the same problem with my engine light coming on and fan constantly running. I am going to take my car into the dealership tomorrow. My cruze is a 2012 and has 45,000 miles on it. I'm confused on if this is covered by warranty or not... it also has the code p0597 showing up.
I'm so sorry that your engine light is coming on as well and that your fan constantly runs. Please send us a private message with more information and we can look into this matter for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 28th, 2015, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed my problem, Engine cooling fan running continuously

I've checked this forum several times to find out what the problem with my 2012 Chevy Cruz might be. First, I have the LS model with 1.8L engine, with over 50K miles. I too, had the Check engine light on, and the engine cooling fan would run almost continuously at max rpm, from the moment I started the car. I checked with Chevy customer service and some other places on what might be causing this problem. Tons of people on this forum described virtually the same issue I was having, but almost nobody said how to fix it. So, finally I took it to the Chevy dealership for diagnosis. As I suspected, it was the thermostat unit. The dealership replaced the thermostat unit and all is good now. The thermostat is part of the power train, so the repairs are covered under your 5yr, 100k power train warranty. Hopefully this post is helpful.
Old February 10th, 2015, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Engine light code 0599

My 2012 Chevy Cruze just had the check engine light come on and the fan is running 24/7. How do I go about getting the electronic thermostat changed? Is this a recall?
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default engine light code p0597

Recently my check engine light came on with the code p0597. I took it to the deal and they said they have to run a diagnostic before they can work on it. They said the cost would be about 125$ I just recently hit 50k and it seems like this car is falling apart after the warrently expired. I've had a window regulator break, my front right tire is making a weird noise know this... It seems like a lot of people are having this same problem is there a recall on this. If not I've read where the problem was covered under the power train warranty and where it's not. If someone could help me clarify that it would be much appreciated.
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GM sends you letters for RECALLS .. so if you don't have one, then there's nothing to do.

You can check yourself here

https://recalls.gm.com/#/

It sounds like lack of proper maintenance issues with your vehicles.
Old February 11th, 2015, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default engine fan running

Hi, I posted on this forum about the fan running all the time. You have to take it to the dealer and have them diagnosis it. If it is the thermostat unit, and they replace it, then everything is covered under your power train warranty. You pay nothing. Allot of Cruzs' seem to have this problem, but GM isn't really doing anything about. Cheap made in China parts.

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time