Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Problem after problem

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem after problem

I've been looking through this forum and I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze. I have had most of the problems mentioned, some several times. I've change multiple sensors and I've changed some more than once. I've changed the thermostat 3 times, had problems with oil leaks, coolant leaks and transmission fluid leaks. I new problem arises every 2 weeks it seems. My newest problem is the hood latch open sensor pops up every 5 seconds with a beeping noise. Also I've had a problem with my car stalling while idling and my mechanic still has yet to figure it out. He has tried multiple times and nothing works.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 8:01 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Linda Bergeron
I've been looking through this forum and I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze. I have had most of the problems mentioned, some several times. I've change multiple sensors and I've changed some more than once. I've changed the thermostat 3 times, had problems with oil leaks, coolant leaks and transmission fluid leaks. I new problem arises every 2 weeks it seems. My newest problem is the hood latch open sensor pops up every 5 seconds with a beeping noise. Also I've had a problem with my car stalling while idling and my mechanic still has yet to figure it out. He has tried multiple times and nothing works.
The Cruze does seem to have lots of issues. Frankly, I would sell it to be honest. Chevy built the great Cavalier for 23 years, but what with all the things coming from overseas, the quality on some makes and models has dropped, and I dont just mean Chevrolet. The Malibu is a different story. My 2015 Bu' had some minor issues, but so
far its been pretty impressive.
Old June 4th, 2019, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 551 Posts

I also have heard that this car should be avoided. Get rid of it.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; June 4th, 2019 at 1:02 AM.
Old June 4th, 2019, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Oh I will be!! So many problems.
Old July 14th, 2019, 4:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default So sad

I am sorry about your Cruze... I have always felt that it's the luck of the draw when it comes to cars. There is always going to be a lemon here or there. I had a 2002 Nissan Sentra that had the same story as your Cruze. Sensor after sensor, problem after problem. I have also had the one that keeps on going like my 2002 Chevy Impala. It had 271,000 miles and still going strong. When I bought my Cruze I refused to get rid of the Impala for the simple fact I knew it would be ole reliable if I hot another lemon. That's life I suppose.
Anyway I just wanted to say I feel your frustration and sympathize with you. Good Luck on the next venture!
Old July 15th, 2019, 4:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by FellOffThePorch
I am sorry about your Cruze... I have always felt that it's the luck of the draw when it comes to cars. There is always going to be a lemon here or there. I had a 2002 Nissan Sentra that had the same story as your Cruze. Sensor after sensor, problem after problem. I have also had the one that keeps on going like my 2002 Chevy Impala. It had 271,000 miles and still going strong. When I bought my Cruze I refused to get rid of the Impala for the simple fact I knew it would be ole reliable if I hot another lemon. That's life I suppose.
Anyway I just wanted to say I feel your frustration and sympathize with you. Good Luck on the next venture!
Chevy needs to design a hatchback Malibu. That was the only good thing about the late Cruze, IMO. Put the zero -turbo 2.5 liter motor back in the Bu'. It will sell like hotcakes. I'd buy one in a heartbeat once I finish with my 2015.
Old February 25th, 2020, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Linda Bergeron

The same thing is happening with my 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Make sure you call gm and make a complaint about this! A month and a half ago, i just had my water pump, water outlet and thermostat changed in my coolant. I am currently at a Chevy dealership getting my reservoir replaced bc that is leaking now. It’s def not an cheap fix, and Chevy will only pay for the pump. This is a common thing to happen in Chevys, and it def needs looked into. It seems to happen a lot more right after the warranty is up, almost like a set up. Gm had told me the more people who call about this, the better the chance they will do a recall.