Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Radio display black and turn signal sounds off

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2020, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio display black and turn signal sounds off

Hi i have a Chevy Cruze 2011 model, the car was jump started and after the the radio display was off and there is no sound from the turn signals as well as the safety belt. I tried changing the fuses for the radio and dashboard display and that turned on the light on the radio but the letters are scrambled as on the attached image and i have run out of ideas about what the issue is. I

Dash Display image
would appreciate some help from someone who has come across a similar issue.
Old September 8th, 2020, 1:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did these problems start only after jump starting it? If that's the case then it sounds like something was hooked up wrong and caused some damage. Not good.

My one suggestion would be to disconnect the cables from the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. Then reconnect the cables and try it out. Sometimes the computers in newer cars can lock up and do strange things especially when voltages are high or low.

Old September 9th, 2020, 1:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio display black and turn signal sounds off

Originally Posted by dtcassist
Did these problems start only after jump starting it? If that's the case then it sounds like something was hooked up wrong and caused some damage. Not good.

My one suggestion would be to disconnect the cables from the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. Then reconnect the cables and try it out. Sometimes the computers in newer cars can lock up and do strange things especially when voltages are high or low.
Yes the problems started after the jump start, i tried resetting by disconnecting the - terminal. i will remove both and see if it resets.