Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Slave/master cylinder blew up, not covered under any warranty?

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2021, 8:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Slave/master cylinder blew up, not covered under any warranty?

So last weekend my Cruze (2017 Diesel Sedan) started having an issue where the clutch pedal wouldn’t push back as much anymore. After a while on the way home it got more and more difficult to shift, eventually I made it to the dealership though. Fast forward to today and the service department there has looked at it.

The slave cylinder is shot and needs to be replaced. Since the master and slave are apparently interconnected they both need to be swapped. They (the dealership) are saying the clutch and flywheel also need to be replaced since the slave cylinder is internal to the clutch assembly and would’ve contaminated the clutch.

The bill is at or around $3200. For a 4-year old car with 25k miles on it. It still has it’s limited powertrain warranty and the extended warranty through Ethos. After asking questions to both the rep in the service department and the tech who did the diagnostic I‘m planning to talk to the warranty company myself to see if I can do anything at all more with it.

Does this seem normal or does anyone have any recommendations?