Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Switching steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2017, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching steering wheel

Hey everybody I'm new here.
Just purchased my first 2011 chevy cruz ls 1.8, so far loving it, even thought still getting used to the size of the car haha.
I love everything about the car except the steering wheel :S
Unfortunately I got the cheap version of it (see image below)

But I would like to replace it to this (have all the audio controls on the wheel and so on) :

I saw a video of how to do it on youtube:

and more or less I got the idea of how to do it, my question is: Would my car with the blub of plastic wheel that it has (no buttons or audio controls) will have the plug for the steering wheel buttons, and if it does would my car will know how to route those buttons to the correct functionalities straight out of the box?

I tried to make it as clear as possible, sorry if it was too long of a post.

Thank you,
Anton.
Old November 8th, 2017, 8:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

GENERAL STATEMENT...most newer models, like yours, do not have the wiring for options not built with present.

adding it is not easy as cars today use CAN BUS computer architecture. So the wiring would have to be added and then the system programmed to recognized the added options.
In short, the steering wheel would fit but the additional buttons probably wont work.