Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Transmission went out

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission went out

My 2012 1LT was towed in to the dealership today. I went to leave the mall when i put it in Reverse to back out of the parking spot it rolled forward and hit the curb. It would not move at all i had a few people help push it out of the spot to get it situated for the tow truck pick up and i tried all gears with no luck. It just jumped and slammed hard like it was catching and jumping right back out of gear. I called Onstar for them to read the codes and they said something about the transmission control module. This car only has 13,900 miles. the funny thing the guy that helped push it said he was about to go to the dealer to pick one up but he called and canceled the pick up because he did not like the fact mine was doing this and he had herd about the transmission issues and heater core issues.I guess mine was his braking point to see this first hand. I love my car and hope it can get fixed and have no more issues. This is why i have the extended warrentee and free rental cars(for me anyways) Will update soon as i hear what is wrong with it.
Old December 5th, 2012, 8:02 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurseman
My 2012 1LT was towed in to the dealership today. I went to leave the mall when i put it in Reverse to back out of the parking spot it rolled forward and hit the curb. It would not move at all i had a few people help push it out of the spot to get it situated for the tow truck pick up and i tried all gears with no luck. It just jumped and slammed hard like it was catching and jumping right back out of gear. I called Onstar for them to read the codes and they said something about the transmission control module. This car only has 13,900 miles. the funny thing the guy that helped push it said he was about to go to the dealer to pick one up but he called and canceled the pick up because he did not like the fact mine was doing this and he had herd about the transmission issues and heater core issues.I guess mine was his braking point to see this first hand. I love my car and hope it can get fixed and have no more issues. This is why i have the extended warrentee and free rental cars(for me anyways) Will update soon as i hear what is wrong with it.
Nurseman,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Cruze vehicle. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 6th, 2012, 5:04 PM
CF Junior Member

The Dealer is Replacing the Transmission Control Module Should have it back tomorrow if that works
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Nurseman,

Thanks for the update. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

It is rather sad how the automatic transmission has been inundated with all the BS electrical controls. They need to go back to this bulletproof little thing called a vacuum modulator, yeah I would give it a 99% reliability rating. No electric BS made now can compete with that.
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Cucv I totally agree. Im just glad i have a wonderful dealer and service department this all happened on a sunday morning and the dealer was closed. the service manage had given me his cell number when i had another car with major issues we was trying to get fixed so i called him and ask him if i would be able to have it towed to the dealer when it was closed he called a guy to go open the gate and offered to come get me and take me home because he could not get me a rental for me till the next morning. every dealer needs one of him im telling you. i just hope this issue will last a couple hundred thousand miles
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

That's nice of him, those kind are few and far between.
Old December 15th, 2012, 1:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Yes he is a very nice guy. The Transmission shifts smooth as it ever did so this must have been a issue from the start. Its still a little bit jumpy now and then going up hills but will wait a little bit to let this transmission relearn ( it is a adaptive transmission) I still love my car. Just a bit upset with the issues
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by cucv30
It is rather sad how the automatic transmission has been inundated with all the BS electrical controls. They need to go back to this bulletproof little thing called a vacuum modulator, yeah I would give it a 99% reliability rating. No electric BS made now can compete with that.
Mine is fluid and uses a kick back cable.

Their old 3 SPD, autos really were bullet proof. With the newer transmission systems today, all the electronics just adds to the probability something is likely to break...lol

Mine is the 3 spd auto with kick back cable and TCC lock up.

My other trand is the 4 spd with TCC lock up and itt works perfectly as well.
I do not know why they changed the design, it worked fine.

In all reality, you only really need 4 gears, this business with 6 gears is overboard.
I can see more gears on things like trucks, they need to be able to haul and take off with loads, and then get good mileage when up to speed...

But other than that, I've driven the cruze, they work just fine, although I prefer manual transmissions in my car simply because thats my preference...lol
(Yes I know the cruze comes with both manual and auto)

Last edited by GHOSTOWLGRID; December 23rd, 2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah 6 speeds is a joke, let go back to stuff that worked. Always amazes me how they quit using designs that work and give great service.

Quick Reply: Transmission went out