Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Want To Switch To The Mylink System

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2017, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want To Switch To The Mylink System

Hello! I wanted to ask here to see if this is even possible

The Vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT

This vehicle does not have the Mylink System and only has the standard non-touchscreen, But i want to install the Mylink System into the vehicle, Is there anyway i can add that or is that not even possible? Greatly Appreciated!
Old November 2nd, 2017, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it's possible. You'd have to remove your head unit. I am not too sure though if you'd have to upgrade your head unit. I'm thinking you would.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 4:58 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Derykey
Hello! I wanted to ask here to see if this is even possible

The Vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT

This vehicle does not have the Mylink System and only has the standard non-touchscreen, But i want to install the Mylink System into the vehicle, Is there anyway i can add that or is that not even possible? Greatly Appreciated!
Yeah, it can be done, but from what I know you need a dealer to unlock or code it, and its not cheap to do. If I were you I'd buy what I did for
my non Mylink Chevy Malibu and buy this nice unit:

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveAssist-Camera-assisted-Notifications-Activation/dp/B01N1TW0A4/ref=sr_1_7?s=gps&ie=UTF8&qid=1509702441&sr=1-7&keywords=garmin+gps&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2503608011 https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveAssist-Camera-assisted-Notifications-Activation/dp/B01N1TW0A4/ref=sr_1_7?s=gps&ie=UTF8&qid=1509702441&sr=1-7&keywords=garmin+gps&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2503608011

Has a ton of features that MyLink doesn't. Having a video camera can save you lots of money, and it doesn't look like a road camera, so if a cop hassles you
its all there on your 64 GB mini-SD card. I am going to install a rear camera that connects to this unit for tailgaters real soon.