Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Who owns the 2011 chevy cruze 1LT?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2011, 2:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owns the 2011 chevy cruze 1LT?

I like this car and would like to see what owners would like to say.
Old May 13th, 2011, 2:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The Cruze Eco offers up to 42 MPG hwy. This is the highest fuel economy of any gas-powered engine. The Cruze offers segment-leading safety with a 5-star Overall Crash Test Rating and was recognized by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety as a2011 Top Safety Pick. The Cruze offers a best-in-class 10 standard air bags. The Cruze has more interior and cargo room than Civic, Corolla or Focus. The Cruze offers the convenience of the myChevrolet and OnStar MyLink mobile apps. The Cruze was engineered to be extremely quiet with 30 distinct acoustic treatments. Cruze offers both 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions. The Cruze 1.4L turbo engine provides 148 lb.-ft. of torque at a low 1,850 rpm, providing a great off-line feel. The Cruze has standard XM Radio with three trial months and standard OnStar with 6 months of Turn-by-Turn Navigation. The Cruze LTZ was found to have superior cornering and slalom performance to a BMW 328i on dry pavement.

I hope all this information helps you in making your choice.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 14th, 2011, 7:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cruze top seller in Australia

Hi all

The Holden Cruze chevrolet as you guys know it is selling like mad in Australia and as of this month it will be made in australia at the same plant as the Holden commodre is made. There was a write in yesterday herald sun newspaper and it got a top reveiw great on safety and on fuel and come's with a heap of extra's.

Holden Cruze Series II: first drive | carsguide.com.au

took a look. Good news for us Aussie to looks like we will be getting your chevrolet malibu to go on sale soon so now we have the cruze , Malibu and commodore and then the big caprice too. www.holden.com.au

thanks
regards
Pacey from aussie. chev make the best car my ride is 1966 SS Impala
Old August 21st, 2011, 3:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Now a few months down the road, I'm wondering if you purchased a Cruze, crashhat69. If so, how do you like it?
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Default I have a 12 1LT RS

This car is a grate looking car. But looking at the steering wheels falling off , Fires, heater core issues and transmission issues Im not so shure about it any more. And looking how the heater core is mounted less than 2 inches from your leg when pressing the gas peddle let hope it dose not blow the plastic clips holding it together. Because the computers in the car will be fried and your leg will be burnt very bad. And for the people who have the coolant smell I would push for a buyback. because you and your family breathing in this is (toxic) headache Nausea vomiting is a sign you need to get to your dealer than your doctor. Dogs and cats that drink it from leaks will normally die so if you have leaks and pets keep them away. The sweet smell attracts them. And if it kills dogs and cats guess what your ingesting it also by Breathing it in and touching seats dashboards and eating or putting your hands in your mouth ect. and once in carpets its super hard to get out if possible at all.
Old September 26th, 2012, 6:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default About the chevrolet cruze...?

About the chevrolet cruze...?
To those who own a chevy cruze 2011 base model (i think it's ls) what are the exact features? does it suppor ipod, are the locks automatic? etc
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:16 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I have a 2011 Cruze 2LT. It is a great running car. No problems with it. The only thing I don't like is that visibility is limited when backing up. It does have an alarm when you get too close to something.
Old September 27th, 2012, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by crashhat69
I like this car and would like to see what owners would like to say.
I own 2011 Chev cruze and it is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned. GM likes to build up the cruze but some of the hype is lies. I have 32,000 miles on cruze which I bought new june 2011. I like the way cruze handles and performance on the highway . Get 35 mpg at interstate speeds. But don't expect it to last very long. Issues /brakes/trans leaks&jerky shifts/coolant leaks water pump&heater & unknown areas/extreme rattles/wind noise?
Old September 28th, 2012, 4:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by gggr
I own 2011 Chev cruze and it is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned. GM likes to build up the cruze but some of the hype is lies. I have 32,000 miles on cruze which I bought new june 2011. I like the way cruze handles and performance on the highway . Get 35 mpg at interstate speeds. But don't expect it to last very long. Issues /brakes/trans leaks&jerky shifts/coolant leaks water pump&heater & unknown areas/extreme rattles/wind noise?
What Kind of Brake issues? I have had my rotors warp several times also have the jerking transmission and slow to respond transmission trouble and keep getting told that's how the Cruze is with the 6 speed transmission ( auto) also the stock tires on mine suck I have 11,600 miles and their about wore out dealer said cant replace under warrentee because their evenly wearing out it said in my owners manual their is free replacement till 12,000 miles than prorated?? and this tire will hydroplane in a puddle of ant **** I will never again buy a Gm product was a ford guy for years never had i issue I guess that's why Ford never needed a bail out they have grate customer service and this is why im concidering trading my cruze on a 2013 ford fusion and getting a refund on my extended warrentee
Old September 28th, 2012, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2011 cruze brake issue

Sometimes when in reverse there isn't any brake and thats scary. GM said that some others had same problem. GM repaired in two trys.

Quick Reply: Who owns the 2011 chevy cruze 1LT?