Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

Recommend me a cam

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2011, 12:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend me a cam

I have a 82 K10 4x4 with a 350. It has a 6" lift on 35" super swampers. I am not to sure about all the specs of everything but I know it was a diesel and the owner before the guy I bought it from did all the work. On first glance I see that it has a edelbrock carb, intake, and valve covers so keep that in mind too but I wouldn't be surprised of the rest of it was stock. I do not know what transmission is in it either, it has a H shift pattern (3 spd with overdrive) and reverse is branched off of the left side next to first gear. I would really like to add a mild cam, headers, and exhaust. What I would like from those would be more more power (in the 2k-4k rpm area) and maybe a little better mpg? Please let me know if you could recommend anything. I would prefer to order from jegs or summit but I am fairly open to any other reputable source. Thanks.

Last edited by ChevFam; March 9th, 2011 at 12:34 AM.