Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

'05 Equinox FWD Problems

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2020, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Equinox FWD Problems

I have an engine light on and hard codes ran. Bought the parts and went ahead and got plugs for it. Changed the plugs and now the temp gauge doesn't work and it runs rough as hell. Any ideas of what may have happened?
I've changed the 02 upstream sensor, coolant temperature sensor, plugs, and thermostat. Car running rough and temp gauge isn't working and traction control won't engage. I'm currently resetting the computer by unhooking the negative pest from the battery for 30 mins. Anything else I can do?

Last edited by SirWylde; April 26th, 2020 at 7:51 PM. Reason: Update
Old April 28th, 2020, 9:23 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SirWylde
I have an engine light on and hard codes ran. Bought the parts and went ahead and got plugs for it. Changed the plugs and now the temp gauge doesn't work and it runs rough as hell. Any ideas of what may have happened?
I've changed the 02 upstream sensor, coolant temperature sensor, plugs, and thermostat. Car running rough and temp gauge isn't working and traction control won't engage. I'm currently resetting the computer by unhooking the negative pest from the battery for 30 mins. Anything else I can do?
What codes are you getting?
Have you had the battery & alternator checked?
Without knowing anything else, your symptoms have me thinking you have low voltage while the vehicle is running.