Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

06 Equinox loosing coolant, can't find leak

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2016, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Equinox loosing coolant, can't find leak

Been having quite a few issues with our 06 equinox.. The temp gage was getting to the halfway mark, so I checked opened the hood and it was boiling coolant out of the surge tank. We changed the thermostat, then the sensor, and even replaced the fans, none it seemed to work until someone mentioned there could be air in the cooling system.. I tried to 'burp' it and get all of the air out and so far so good, it hasn't been boiling out.. Now, we've noticed a good amount of coolant is lost every time we drive it. It was at the fill line and a few hours later it was a quarter down from the line.. I can't seem to find the leak any where, and there aren't any puddles or drops under the car. I do mildly smell coolant burning from the ac vents while driving as well. I don't understand how its loosing so much coolant and there isn't any puddles or residue on the engine. Could it be any thing else other than a leak? If not, is there a way to find the leak with out a pressure tool?