Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2012, 3:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Jamac,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamac
Avtj03, my problem can and has been duplicated and it still says left side hub.. I have agreed to let the dealer replace the hub (for the second time). Not at my expense... Unless the problem is fixed. I have no faith in the "fix" and as I haul my children to school every day I pray the breaks work and the ABS keeps giving me something.. Hopefully you will soon think this is the problem it really is
Why does everyone keep replacing the hubs? The ABS sensors are serviceable and do not require replacement of the wheel bearing/hub assembly.

I think i understand your problem. When you brake the ABS activates when it's not necessary which prevents you from pushing the brake pedal and thus increasing your stopping distance. If this is what you are experiencing, I understand your concern.

Last edited by ruley73; April 2nd, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elizabeth, I have the same problem with my Equinox 2005. I´ve heard from a lot of people that the problem is the wiring between de module and the brakes. I´ve already changed Hub and bearing, Speed sensors and the modulator valve; NOTHING! Still have the problem. The thing is i can´t take my car to the dealer cause I´m OUTSIDE the US and no dealer take my chevy over here. So please tellme where can I get the wiring so i can buy it and have it replaced??
Old April 4th, 2012, 6:22 AM
CF Beginner

Augusto,

You can order parts from gmpartsdirect.com. I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox that the ABS activates below 5 mph when coming to a stop, as if a wheel is locking up. I do not have any traction control or ABS lights coming on when it is doing this. From what I have found out so far, it is probably the harness you are referring to.

I can not guarantee that this is the correct part number for the harness, as I have not verified it yet, so do your own research. I do not know if it is the same harness for the left, the right, or even the rear. Anyway, the part number I have found is 22715444. There is also a link on gmpartsdirect so that you can email them to verify if a part number is correct for your vehicle. It sells for $35.61 USD. Good luck.
Old April 4th, 2012, 7:37 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Augusto,

You may want to check out GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts for parts. May I ask where you are located? Maybe I can locate a dealer for you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 9th, 2012, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Your problem might be caused by a defective abs harness, part number 22715444. You can buy it online from gmpartsdirect for $35.61 USD.

The abs on my wife's Equinox activate below 5 mph as if a wheel is locking up, with no abs light or traction control lights lit up on the dash. I suspect the harness, but havent had time to diagnose the problem fully, or even if the part number above is the correct one, so do your research before you buy.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default ABS and TC light

So I have a 2005 Equinox which I have loved but I am frustrated with the magnitude of repairs. I've already had the rear diff rebuilt and now I have the ABS and TC lights on. I am being told that I may need the sensor and that it is only available with the hub!!! What kind of crazy design is that?!! Why can't the sensor be replaced by itself? I was a service advisor for ten years, (Honda, Toyota and Subaru), I think this is a very poor design! (if it is more than one sensor I might as well drive my little SUV off a bridge, I won't be able to replace two.) I am a single mom with a graduating senior this next month. If I pay for this replacement and it doesn't fix the problem, I'll have nothing left in my budget for further repairs and my daughter's grad party will be a bust. We have the place reserved but I won't be able to provide food!!! If anyone knows of any way to save money on this repair I would be most grateful!
Old April 17th, 2012, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bonjean
So I have a 2005 Equinox which I have loved but I am frustrated with the magnitude of repairs. I've already had the rear diff rebuilt and now I have the ABS and TC lights on. I am being told that I may need the sensor and that it is only available with the hub!!! What kind of crazy design is that?!! Why can't the sensor be replaced by itself? I was a service advisor for ten years, (Honda, Toyota and Subaru), I think this is a very poor design! (if it is more than one sensor I might as well drive my little SUV off a bridge, I won't be able to replace two.) I am a single mom with a graduating senior this next month. If I pay for this replacement and it doesn't fix the problem, I'll have nothing left in my budget for further repairs and my daughter's grad party will be a bust. We have the place reserved but I won't be able to provide food!!! If anyone knows of any way to save money on this repair I would be most grateful!
Bon jean, that was exactly what I was told when took my Equinox 2006 to the GM Dealer. I think that is incorrect. The sensor, wiring harness and hub can be sold separately. I really don't find the invoice to give you the part #s i bought to fix my problem in my Equinox but visit a GMC dealer and request a quote for the ABS sensor and wiring harness. They should be able to quote that separate. I suggest you to ask the mechanic to inspect the wiring harness before replacing any part. In my case the problem was in the front wheel driver side. Good Luck!!!!!!
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

In my case the ABS and TC lights turn on within 15 seconds driving. The odd thing is that within 2 or 3 minutes the car keeps making a ratling noise on the driver side while pressing the brake pedal after that the rest of the day the car will brake normally but both lights but both lights are still on. Did i mention that the check engine light is on? the error code is P400. Does this has any relevance with my braking problem?
Thanks.
Old April 20th, 2012, 1:11 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RUSAN,

Are you referring to P0400 code? If so, I don't believe that would relate to your brake problem. Have you considered taking the vehicle in for an inspection?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems