Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox ABS and TC lights

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2010, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Equinox ABS and TC lights

Hello. this is my first post here.

I have a 06 equinox LT. Quite suddenly the ABS and TC lights came up. I gave it to my local garage and they said the bearings were bad and the sensor had to be replaced. After forking out $1K, the light still pops up. I was told that this could be a ABS module problem.

Does anyone know what ABS module is used in 06 model and any methods to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem. 1k???? wow that is crazy!! It was my wheel abs sensor. The wheel hub has to be replaced--the sensor comes with the hub. You can go to autozone and they should be able to tell you which wheel sensor it is by using a diagnostic code reader at no charge. I bought a used hub at a local salvage yard taken from a low milage wreck for $50. I replaced it myself (not an easy task), but the local mechanic said he would do it for $100. You should not have been out of pocket more than $150 max for labor + the cost of the part. Sounds like the mechanic ripped you off and I would not ever use them again.
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Equinox LT - ABS TC issues

I'm having the same issues with the ABS TC indicator lights coming on, the braking issues and a noise from the front end. I had a full brake job and replaced the rotars and recently had the front sensor and wheel hubs replaced and I continue to experience the same problems. After researching this subject online, it appears to be a common theme with no real answers or solutions. If anyone has actually discovered the successful repair to this problem please share. Many thanks..
Old July 10th, 2011, 1:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I think it becomes a "common theme" in the absence of proper diagnostic resources. The warning indicators mean there's a fault in one or more subsystems, be it a sensor, wiring, or control module. I realize it's sometimes a crapshoot with service departments but there are good ones out there with proper equipment and trained personnel. It can't hurt to put as some effort into checking them out as if choosing a family doctor.
Old July 12th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

cunpattaya,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Did you get your service done at your local GM dealership or at an independent?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 13th, 2011, 4:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Equinox

I have had two independent mechanic shops work on my Equinox and the problem remains. The ABS and TC lights remain on after spending approximately $500 on repairs. This was the first Chevrolet that I had ever purchased. I could not be happier with the Equinox with the exception of this problem that seems to be a repeat issue with Equinox owners. It has been very frustrating to say the least.
Old July 13th, 2011, 7:24 AM
CF Active Member

From what I've read in various places about this problem, it's often a bad wiring harness or connector going to the sensor and not the sensors themselves. Electrical trouble shooting is very time consuming and expensive, but if you have the time and a volt meter, you can probably find it yourself.