Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 starting issue

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2013, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 starting issue

I have read all about the starting issues with the 2005 and 2006 Noxs. Has anyone had a definite fix to this issue. I have found a TSB(218953) on the issue but my local chevy dealer has no such number.

It does not throw any faulty codes when it happens. All I do is tap the accelerator while cranking and it fires right up. But it still shouldnt do that

ANy help would be greatly appreciated

Have just read about a change inthe EGR and EGR piping with new Part numbers. If these are replaced the PCM needs reflashed. ANyone have this done?

Last edited by Eric Althouse; February 25th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 2:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Althouse
I have read all about the starting issues with the 2005 and 2006 Noxs. Has anyone had a definite fix to this issue. I have found a TSB(218953) on the issue but my local chevy dealer has no such number.

It does not throw any faulty codes when it happens. All I do is tap the accelerator while cranking and it fires right up. But it still shouldnt do that

Have just read about a change inthe EGR and EGR piping with new Part numbers. If these are replaced the PCM needs reflashed. ANyone have this done?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Eric Althouse,

Has the vehicle been diagnosed? Was your dealer able to reproduce the issue?

I would like to look into this further for you. Would you please contact me privately?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 25th, 2013, 8:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Althouse

has an aftermarket antitheft system been wired in.
What is your starting issue?
no crank or cranks but won't start?
Old February 26th, 2013, 6:44 AM
CF Beginner

cranks but won't start
Old March 2nd, 2013, 3:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

tapping the accel-pedal before starting...it should not have any effect on starting. The only thing that makes sense is if an aftermarket security system is installed and needs a trigger to allow starting.

you are talking about a single tap and release not a clear flood mode; when the pedal is held to the floor when cranking.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Yes just a tap on the acclerator. Not holding it down to flood.
Old April 7th, 2013, 9:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Hi Eric, Hope this helps too 'cause I have the same issue:

When you turn the key all the way just enough to turn the car on but not start it (Hope you get what I'm trying to say. Just turn it on to see all the lights come up) wait for a bit for the fuel pump to load up. Then turn it on, plus give her a little gas.

L