Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevy Equinox RKE and/or RCDLR Issues

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2010, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Equinox RKE and/or RCDLR Issues

I have an issue with my 2007 Chevy Equinox RKE and/or RCDLR. This vehicle is equipped with the RVS feature. I have two transmitters (4 button type) that will lock, unlock the doors and start the vehicle from a short distance away. If you move away from the vehicle, about 15-50 feet, they don't work. I've replaced the batteries and reprogramed the transmitters, no change. I've even cleaned the transmitter contacts. I've read several TI bulletins that indicate possible problems with the RCDLR. A possible software issue? If I replace this receiver, does it have to be programed at a dealer service department or can I do it myself? This vehicle is also equipped with a DIC if that makes a difference. Thanks
Old July 3rd, 2011, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default problem with 2007 equinox

i have a 2007 equinox ever since we started running the air conditioner this summer carpet is wet under the drivers and passengers seats. Could this be a drainage issue from condensation. Anyone else heard of this problem or solution
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:35 AM
CF Active Member

It sure sounds like your a/c drain hose is clogged. Just see if you can open it with a drinking straw or something like that. I don't recommend a screwdriver or still wire because you could puncture something.
Old July 6th, 2011, 1:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

rydad,

Did you try what Chuzz suggested? If so, did it work?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old January 14th, 2012, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

I had my windshield replaced in my 2001 impala, and dirt dropped down in the condensation pan, clogging the hole/hose that drains the water away, causing it to back up and spill on the floor, it is an easy clean out at the chevy dealer, I would not be able to tell you how to do it, sorry.

Originally Posted by rydad
i have a 2007 equinox ever since we started running the air conditioner this summer carpet is wet under the drivers and passengers seats. Could this be a drainage issue from condensation. Anyone else heard of this problem or solution
Old January 14th, 2012, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Silverado78
I have an issue with my 2007 Chevy Equinox RKE and/or RCDLR. This vehicle is equipped with the RVS feature. I have two transmitters (4 button type) that will lock, unlock the doors and start the vehicle from a short distance away. If you move away from the vehicle, about 15-50 feet, they don't work. I've replaced the batteries and reprogramed the transmitters, no change. I've even cleaned the transmitter contacts. I've read several TI bulletins that indicate possible problems with the RCDLR. A possible software issue? If I replace this receiver, does it have to be programed at a dealer service department or can I do it myself? This vehicle is also equipped with a DIC if that makes a difference. Thanks

Same problem with my 2007 impala, unbelievable, I bought it for the remote start, from my house to the street, maybe 30feet at most, now it costs $850 to fix under their own TSB, system poorly designed, similar to 2000-2005 Impala Intake manifold gasket issue. Stay away.