Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox Stereo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2012, 8:25 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox Stereo Upgrade

I recently purchased a double din DVD/Navigation system that has the GM look to replace my factory stereo. For some reason it did not come with any specific installation instructions. Has anyone else done one of these upgrades??

Attached is a picture of one I found on the internet that looks exactly like the one I got right down to all the confusing cables. One item included is something that looks like a small speaker, what is that for?? It is circled in the picture.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37034422/Publication1.jpg
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by sheridan
I recently purchased a double din DVD/Navigation system that has the GM look to replace my factory stereo. For some reason it did not come with any specific installation instructions. Has anyone else done one of these upgrades??

Attached is a picture of one I found on the internet that looks exactly like the one I got right down to all the confusing cables. One item included is something that looks like a small speaker, what is that for?? It is circled in the picture.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37034422/Publication1.jpg
I'd bet that the small speaker is to serve as the chime with the new radio installed. With the factory radio, all the chime tones are produced by the front driver's side speaker.

It looks to be pretty much a plug & play setup.

I've labeled the parts in the picture to help you out.

2007 Equinox Stereo Upgrade-labeled_parts.jpg
Old September 27th, 2023, 12:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo dash kit and wiring harness

Was wondering what dash kit you used and what wiring harness. The dash kit I got for whatever reason won't allow the right side of the dash panel to clip back in and my harness I got had some wires in the wrong pin locations. I also have an 07 nox
Old September 27th, 2023, 8:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if you have a premium factory system with an amp; you will need a line out converter if the new head unit does not come with rca outputs. that might be what is on the right of the radio in the pic.