Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox door problems

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2016, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 equinox lt

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Just to clarify, is this for your 2008 Equinox, cat13woman? If so, did you check to make sure the Auto Lock feature settings weren't changed? You can check this in the DIC display. Press the set/reset button to access the settings and make sure it's set to OUT OF PARK (default). If this doesn't help, you may need to touch base with your dealership. Keep us posted.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I also have this same exact problem but with a 2005 equinox lt will this procedure work the same ?

I also have this
Old April 20th, 2016, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced driver's side and now passenger side rear and front both not working. Have not been work since approx. 50,000 miles.
Old April 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my 2008 Equinox. As well as the moisture in the headlamps. I reached out to the manufacturer about the moisture issue and they would not help me, even though I have seen many with this same problem. Does anyone else have this problem?
The following users liked this post:
Amanda King (April 23rd, 2021)
Old April 20th, 2016, 4:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanne1127
I have the same problem with my 2008 Equinox. As well as the moisture in the headlamps. I reached out to the manufacturer about the moisture issue and they would not help me, even though I have seen many with this same problem. Does anyone else have this problem?
Hello Deanne1127,

We do apologize that you're experiencing such frustrations with your 2008 Equinox. We'd be glad to look into this further if you could send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thanks!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 27th, 2016, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

I too am having the same problems. I have a 2008 Chevy Equinox and have had condensation in my headlights for 2 years. After reading this forum it looks like I'll have to replace them. I also have the issue with the doors not locking/unlocking. This is very concerning because I have a child and only the front driver side door can be unlocked with the key. I'm disappointed that Chevy has not issued recalls for these common issues. The dook lock issue is totally a safety issues and should be addressed by a recall.

Last edited by 08EquinoxMom; April 27th, 2016 at 8:53 AM.
Old April 27th, 2016, 5:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 08EquinoxMom
I too am having the same problems. I have a 2008 Chevy Equinox and have had condensation in my headlights for 2 years. After reading this forum it looks like I'll have to replace them. I also have the issue with the doors not locking/unlocking. This is very concerning because I have a child and only the front driver side door can be unlocked with the key. I'm disappointed that Chevy has not issued recalls for these common issues. The dook lock issue is totally a safety issues and should be addressed by a recall.
Hello 08EquinoxMom,

I can imagine your frustration and am very sorry to hear about the difficulty you've encountered with your Equinox. We're available via private message if you have any questions or if we can be of assistance. We can also check your VIN to see if there are any open recalls that reference your headlight or door issue.

Thank you,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Door problems

I am also having problems with my doors in my 2008 Equinox. It seems to be worse in the summer. I've found that either with the FOB or the door control the doors do not lock, but they do unlock. Most of the time the lock toggle switches will only move half-way, and do not lock. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 7th, 2016, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default 08 equinox door actuators not working

I too am having the same issues with the door actuators in my 08 Chevy Equinox. All four of them don't work when the weather warms up. The actuators are engaging but don't seem to be able to lock or unlock the door. Is the metal swelling in the heat? I know others have the same issu . Any resolution. Oh also having the issue of water in the headlights and had the issue of paint completely peeling the rear two panels above the passenger door. I've seen other posts of Equinox owners having the same issues. Did GM help anyone. I know I had to pay to have my car repainted. That was at 60000 miles.
Old May 7th, 2016, 8:08 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

To everyone having issues with door locks or keyless entry remote working intermittently, have the BCM grounds checked and cleaned if necessary.

There is an old TSB that addresses these issues which I have posted below. It says to check the ground connections going to the BCM. The TSB only covers 2007-2008 Equinox/Torrent (among other GM models), but is actually applicable to 2009 Equinox/Torrent because the BCM wiring is very similar to 2007-2008 models.

On the 2007-2009 Equinox/Torrent the BCM grounds are the black/white (black with white stripe) wires going to terminals 1 and 5 of the X3 connector at the BCM. The BCM is located just ahead of the console below the radio. You will see it when you remove the radio/console bezel. The flat plastic box is the BCM with about 5 or 6 plugs going to it. The X3 plug will be one of them. I'm not sure where the other end of the ground is. The wiring diagram says it is G201. Perhaps a GM tech on here could point out where that ground is located.

information-on-body-control-module-bcm-grounds-07-08-47-004a-08-08-2007-.pdf

It certainly wouldn't hurt to check any other ground connections you can find; especially those near the battery.
Old June 13th, 2016, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default door problems

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Just to clarify, is this for your 2008 Equinox, cat13woman? If so, did you check to make sure the Auto Lock feature settings weren't changed? You can check this in the DIC display. Press the set/reset button to access the settings and make sure it's set to OUT OF PARK (default). If this doesn't help, you may need to touch base with your dealership. Keep us posted.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Is there a recall on 08 equinox

Quick Reply: 2008 Equinox door problems