Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox door problems

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2017, 7:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the remaining 2 wires will be used to move the door...power and grd....what voltage do get there with key in run?
Old June 30th, 2020, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Equinox door locking problems

My 2008 equinox has problems locking and unlocking doors with the fob. The front passenger and rear driver do not respond to the fob. Now the drivers side isn’t working either. A friend thought it might be the solenoids but I don’t understand how some are bad and some good. Any ideas on this issue?
Old June 30th, 2020, 11:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosk315
My 2008 equinox has problems locking and unlocking doors with the fob. The front passenger and rear driver do not respond to the fob. Now the drivers side isn’t working either. A friend thought it might be the solenoids but I don’t understand how some are bad and some good. Any ideas on this issue?
Do all the locks work if you push the lock switch on one of the front doors?
Old July 1st, 2020, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

No they don’t
Old October 8th, 2022, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same...

Originally Posted by Shafeg
My 2008 Equinox will not lock/unlock when using the FOB or when using the buttons inside. I have repaired broken wires on drivers door with no change. The door locks will make noise then slowly fade to a point where only the relay in the fuse box can be heard clicking. Does anyone have a fix for this issue? This is on all four doors. I have never seen symptoms like this in reference to the fading of all four actuators when the switch is activated more than once. Please help or maybe someone at Chevrolet could chime in with a solution.
You are the first person to describe exactly what is happening to my vehicle. My 08 Equinox does the same thing, and changing relays/actuators/checking wires seems pointless since the problem has to be upstream from all 4 doors. I thought the only thing it could be is the BCM. Someone else suggested checking the grounding at the BCM which I will probably do. But it honestly seems as though a some kind of component (capacitor?) loses the power it has on the first press of the button and it takes a while to charge back. Pressing repeatedly just doesn't allow for the time for it to charge back up. I'm spitballing here but it would be nice to hear something from a professional that actually wants to help instead of asking for us to message them directly. I was raised to be a Chevy guy, but experience has turned me into a Toyota guy.
Old April 13th, 2023, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gumphead
You are the first person to describe exactly what is happening to my vehicle. My 08 Equinox does the same thing, and changing relays/actuators/checking wires seems pointless since the problem has to be upstream from all 4 doors. I thought the only thing it could be is the BCM. Someone else suggested checking the grounding at the BCM which I will probably do. But it honestly seems as though a some kind of component (capacitor?) loses the power it has on the first press of the button and it takes a while to charge back. Pressing repeatedly just doesn't allow for the time for it to charge back up. I'm spitballing here but it would be nice to hear something from a professional that actually wants to help instead of asking for us to message them directly. I was raised to be a Chevy guy, but experience has turned me into a Toyota guy.
I have the same problem with my 2008 Equinox. Seems to happen when the weather is 25 C or warmer. And considering how the problem manifests itself, I would concur that a capacitor needs replacing.

As well, does anyone have problems with their rear window wiper not working? I'm at my wit's end trying to solve this problem.
Old April 13th, 2023, 6:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

.My 2008 Nox is doing the same thing. Must be the nature of the beast.
Old April 13th, 2023, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bearbait
.My 2008 Nox is doing the same thing. Must be the nature of the beast.
The door or the rear wiper?
Old April 14th, 2023, 7:13 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The doors. The rear wiper works good.