Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Why isn't the ecotech engine included

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2023, 10:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why isn't the ecotech engine included

I've got a 2014 Equinox that is displaying all the same oil consumption issues but since it's an ecotech engine it's excluded from the class action settlement and technical service bulletin. It's showing the EXACT same consumption issues as the non eco engines. It should be included. It's a design flaw in the pistons and rings yet it's not included? Where's the justice? I'm lucky I got this car. I can't afford to replace it myself. Anybody have any ideas of info that could help?
Old April 19th, 2023, 6:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyteovvl
I've got a 2014 Equinox that is displaying all the same oil consumption issues but since it's an ecotech engine it's excluded from the class action settlement and technical service bulletin. It's showing the EXACT same consumption issues as the non eco engines. It should be included. It's a design flaw in the pistons and rings yet it's not included? Where's the justice? I'm lucky I got this car. I can't afford to replace it myself. Anybody have any ideas of info that could help?
I'll assume you're referring to the recent settlement for the 2010-2014 5.3L engine. Your Equinox isn't included simply because the lawyers for the plaintiffs chose not to include them. That's pretty cut and dry.