Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox - Dealer Order or Find on Lot?

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2009, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox - Dealer Order or Find on Lot?

I am very interested in buying a 2010 Equinox 1LT, 4 Cyl, FWD, with XM Radio & Cargo, Trailer Tow, and Vehicle Interface Pkgs. The purchase would be in Western Canada. One dealer has offered to ship a vehicle from Eastern Canada that he found. This Eastern vehicle has everything I want. My Cost to ship - $1021, not including $1,350 Destination Charge. I have requested to see the Eastern Dealer's MSRP sheets, and have been denied by the Western Dealer.
Another Western Dealer suggests that I factory order one here in Western Canada. My question is, are you better off trying to find something already on the lot? or placing a factory order? There doesn't appear to be any "wiggle" room on pricing, it's whatever is on the MSRP sheets. From what I've seen on this forum, I'll be lucky to get a factory ordered vehicle by mid January 2010. My nearest Chev Dealers are 90, 240, 350 and 500 miles from where I live, so popping in daily is not an option. Any thoughts?
Moira
P.S. I currently drive a 1997 Yukon XLT with 263,000 kms that needs new tires.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never purchased a car in Canada but I think I'd order and wait the few weeks rather than pay extra money to a dealer that is less than forthcoming. That is if your tires will hold up till then. The new Equinox seems to be well worth the wait so far. We found ours on the lot about 250 miles from where we live only it was cheaper than the lesser trims locally and the dealership was AMAZING. Never thought I'd say that about any car dealer!