Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox has anyone purchased one yet?

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2009, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the opposite for me. I couldn't get around the squared off look of the Terrain. I did buy a summit white LT2 Equinox with leather, backup cam and 18" wheels and I am amazed at the thing. I swore off Chevy about 16 years ago but here I am, owning one again. My wife does the bulk of the driving in the 'nox and absolutely loves it. If the reliability proves good, we may be loyal Chevy customers from now on.
Old October 25th, 2009, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

We agreed about the programmable garage door opener being a nice feature to have. I wonder why Chevy does not offer the home link option on any trim level?
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update

We have had our Equinox for 3 months now. I wanted to give everyone an update. We absolutely love the car. I use this as my daily driver. I am 6'5. This is the first vehicle I have EVER been completely comfortable in. Ours has the 8 way power driver seat. I don't have to put the seat all the way back to drive comfortably. In fact, if I do put the seat back, I have to stretch my legs to reach the pedal! The last car that I had with that much leg room was a 1965 Chrysler Newport.

We have the 4 cyl engine. The mileage was OK when I first bought it (around 20 -22 mpg) but after I changed the oil at around 3000 miles, the mpg's soared. I have been getting 25 - 27 mpg city and 32- 35 mpg hwy. Way beyond what I expected to get. I traded in an old pickup for this car. I went from paying $40 - $50 a week for gas to $20 - $30. The 4 cyl also has excellent pickup when I jump on it.

As I mentioned, the vehicle is very comfortable. It is also very stable and handles well on both dry and wet pavement. I'm anxious to see how it will handle this winter.

My only beef with the vehicle so far is the lack of a power seat for the passenger side. My wife has back and neck problems and could really use the power seat. Hopefully GM will include it in future models.

Would I do it again if given the chance? Absolutely! I highly recommend the Equinox for anyone looking for a roomy yet economical vehicle. We don't regret for a moment purchasing this car.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default SnowItch - Any update - Towing

I'm turning in my 2007 Tahoe LTZ in one month and am close to considering replacing it with the Equinox. One of the questions I have is with regards to TOWING. I would get the V6. So any feedback would be great... by anyone! I have a dirtbike and no trailer, so I'm hoping the custom bike hauler I have will work on the Equinox.
Old January 8th, 2010, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

We took delivery of our 2010 'Nox yesterday. Mocha Steel, 2LT, FWD, 4cyl, sunroof and leather. Had an awfully long wait from order to receipt - three months.
The trade was a 1998 Blazer with 109k on the clock.
Once I have some experience I will pass along an update.
Old May 7th, 2010, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

I've had my 2010 LT2 Silver Ice Metallic since early February and we still love it. I'll just give anyone still on the fence a rundown of my personal likes and dislikes.
THE GOOD:
1. The 4CYL engine doesn't feel like a punishment or a low end choice. It is as smooth revving as any Honda, Nissan or Toyota 4 cylinder that I have ever experienced and never feels underpowered in spite of the fact that the Equinox is on the large side of the small suv/cuv's. You won't win any drag races (wrong type of vehicle for that anyway) but you'll never feel like you're in a wheezebucket either.

2. The mentioned 4CYL not only produces the most power in it's class, but also has the best EPA rated highway MPG @32. I haven't reached that level yet, but I get a solid 19-20 around town and my last 300 mile round trip got me about 28.6 MPG which included a little city stop and go. Impressive for a vehicle this size.

3. The styling inside and out is simply the best in the class in my opinion. A walk-around with close inspection of the body panels and door/hood/hatch gaps will show you that Chevy now matches the imports for precision build quality. The interior has bold styling which is more visually striking than the competition as well.

4. Ride is firm, but very smooth, relaxed and quiet. The 4CYL models have high tech active noise cancelling standard...but I think even without that it would be quieter than the CRV, RAV4 and Tucson. The 6 speed tranny shifts quite often, but it does so pretty seamlessly and without bothering
anyone.

5. All weather useability is a big plus for the Equinox. I opted for the FWD version, and really haven't felt a need for AWD even through a little snow, ice and rain. The combination of front wheel drive, and seamless traction/stability control is all that most people will ever need. The biggest surprise is the Equinox's ability to keep from wandering all over the road in heavy crosswinds.

6. No vehicle is recent memory has as much rear legroom as the Equinox, and that includes some large sedans and full size SUV's that I've ridden in. Not only do you have plenty of legroom, but you can also recline the seats to a small degree.

7. I hesitated to get a built in NAV....but the one in the Equinox is integrated so well that it works better than any standalone unit I have ever used. If you get the backup camera you will wonder how you ever got by without one before.

THE NOT SO GOOD:
1. Interior plastics could have been done better. It looks great, but feels hard to the touch. Any affordable vehicle is going to have a mostly plastic interior, but soft touch plastic seems higher end...and Chevy hasn't really learned this yet.

2. Seats seem to be a little over bolstered. In other words, the bolsters that keep you from sliding around when cornering also make it a little awkward when getting in and out. The seats themselves are comfortable for long hauls though.

Other than those two things, I really can't find anything else to complain about. The fuel door being on the passenger side was a mild annoyance to begin with, but I've gotten used to it. All in all, the new Equinox is perfect for people looking for a vehicle that will seat 4 comfortably (always subtract one from car manufacturers listed seating capacity) with a bit of luggage...and get great mileage/fuel range to go along with it. Btw...I test drove a Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Hyundai Tucson, Ford Escape and Nissan Rogue before I decided on the Equinox. All of those vehicles had things I liked, but in the end I felt the Equinox was the most complete package.
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

We love our 2010 Nox LTZ. At six thousand miles, it's been absolutely trouble free. With those 6,000 miles and Pennzoil Platinum synthetic, it get over 30 mpg at legal highway speed with the 4 banger. What's not to like?
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

We just picked up our LTZ yesterday, too. Manual talks about plugging in Zune or Ipod into USB port and controlling with radio controls on NAV screen, but then it says not all work. Ours doesn't work, though we can use it in the input jack, but not with menu controls of car. How can you find out which ones will work? Maybe need to be newer? Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2010, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Bought a 2010 White Equinox LS last month for 21500 cash, really like it !!
Old June 6th, 2010, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default iPod

Originally Posted by BoldEagle
We just picked up our LTZ yesterday, too. Manual talks about plugging in Zune or Ipod into USB port and controlling with radio controls on NAV screen, but then it says not all work. Ours doesn't work, though we can use it in the input jack, but not with menu controls of car. How can you find out which ones will work? Maybe need to be newer? Thanks.
Just need to update your iPod software, needs to be one of the latest to work. Mine works great, love it!

Quick Reply: 2010 Equinox has anyone purchased one yet?