Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 to 2017 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2019, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 to 2017 Equinox

Can anyone give me some legitimate feedback about these years on the equinox. Good bad and ugly would be greatly appreciated. I have had a 2000 super sport camaro while in the military and I loved it and never had any issues with my Chevy and regret getting rid of it. Currently driving a nissan murano and am looking to get back to Chevy because never dealt with so many issues until I left them . Ford to me is garbage along with nissan so now that I have rambled on and on hit me with some advice on those three years of equinoxes please. Thanks in advance
Old April 22nd, 2019, 6:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not a '15-'17, but back in December my wife and I purchased a '14 Equinox LT to replace the '10 Journey SXT she totaled on black ice. Paid just under $15K for it at CarMax. It has 67K miles on it at purchase - 72K now. It has the 2.4L 4 cylinder and wife averages over 30 mpg to and from work (50+ miles one way - almost all highway). To date no issues. The 4 cylinder feels gutless at times, but I'm use to driving a '06 Ram 1500 with a Hemi. The Equinox accelerates well. I can be up to the 55 mph speed limit reasonably fast. I did find out the oil filter is not your typical spin on filter. It's a cartridge type filter and a special socket is needed to access the filter.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 9:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the first gens 05 09 nox were great other than some blend door hvac problems. the early second gens10-17 had oil consumption problems and fuel leaks at the hight pressure injection pump on the gas direct injection engines. third gens 17 plus...haven't heard yet
Old April 25th, 2019, 7:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, we're going to find out the good, bad, or ugly on a 2017 Equinox we picked up last weekend. 32K miles on it. Am going to do all the drive train fluid replacements, intake cleaning, etc on this vehicle this next week.